Wyndham Kingsgate
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
1,046 results
All reviewsmini golfgame roomsparking passper daysales pitchactivity feeindoor pooltime sharetennis courtsfree arcadebedroom unitbusch gardensactivity centercolonial williamsburgmovie theaterwasher and dryerdaily fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The service was great. Room was clean. I think they can update the TVs, Carpet and furniture. The light is very dull. The location is very near the outlet and places to eat. Don't get me wrong the place is clean and I will stay there again but I think it is just time for a change

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Shortcake079
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Kingsgate, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your clean unit and the resort location. We appreciate your suggestions regarding unit updates, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We've stayed frequently at Wyndham's Kingsgate in Williamsburg, Va. Admittedly it's been a little run down, but we enjoy the amenities of the pools, video arcade, golf, etc. This weekend we are staying in a beautifully remodeled 2 bedroom unit in building 7. Gorgeous view, fresh paint, flooring, bathrooms upgraded. However, imagine trying to wash dishes or take a shower when THERE IS NO HOT WATER! They installed "tankless" water heaters....and clearly state in the room instructions to "let the water run" until it gets warm. WARM. There is NO HOT WATER. We called maintenance to see if we could get it turned up and he told us "the temperature at the outside meter is 120 degrees, by the time it gets to your unit it's about 110...and if someone in the adjacent unit is taking a shower or doing dishes, you'll get less pressure and temperature."
What the HECK! I've Never heard of such! I don't own here - but if I were an owner I would question at the next owners meeting about how the cost of water MUST be going up as we are waiting, and waiting, and waiting for it to "warm up to WARM".

Unreal.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank txstransplantnomore
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Kingsgate, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with the water issue at our property. We take the comfort of each guest very seriously. We are sorry for any inconvenience and greatly value your feedback. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had a great weeks vacation here in this well situated hotel when we exchanged our timeshare points. It was no more than 8 miles from all the tourist attractions and great restaurants, taking just minutes to get to all of them. However the mid summer traffic would surely increase the travel time. I have never stayed in such a clean, well stocked, and spacious two bedroom condo!!!
A five dollar activity fee was applied daily so we made sure to attend several movies!
We appreciated that upon check in when we said we weren't interested in the Wyndham sales pitch they didn't bother us further with those annoying phone calls
This is a large attractive condo complex with lots of courtyards and numbered buildings, we would have appreciated some signs pointing us to the main exit. I also wonder just how crowded the one hot tub, two outdoor and one indoor pools would be in the heavy tourist season. Most of the places I've stayed at of this size have at least two pool areas in different ends of the complex. I also think some shade trees and more covered patios in the pool area would keep some of the hot Virginia off you! All in all, it was a great place to stay and would do so again!

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the 2nd floor if you are a light sleeper as we did hear foot steps from above. There were no building elevators so I would steer clear of a third floor condo.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donbast

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad you enjoyed the unit space and resort activities made available. We appreciate your suggestions regarding shade by the pool area, as we are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The wife and I stayed here on a Weekend in September as a part of a promotion deal on one of those deal sites. We live in Richmond but love to travel (1 hour) to Williamsburg for little getaways.

We arrived and were let through the gate after the guards looked up our reservation. We went to the main office and checked in. We were not given the Timeshare "shpeel" because we were under 28 or 29.. I think that was the cut off. We were given our keys and directions to our room.

Service:
Service was great throughout our stay. The check in attendees and concierge folks were attentive and very helpful and on top of that; we called down for ice and they were very helpful in getting that to us.

Room:
We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit which had a large bathroom and a very well laid out living space. The living room/kitchenette area was small, however it was laid out very well so it felt efficient. There were room speakers wired in each of the main rooms which were linked to the stereo that they had in the unit. I was so happy about the fact that we had this because I have to have my music wherever we go, I left my stereo in my bag and just used my auxiliary cable to the stereo they had there and it was wonderful. The place had a refrigerator, glassware, silverware, a microwave and a nice granite counter. The unit had windows that opened in the front and the back for flow through fresh air as well.

We only used the hot tub as far as amenities go but that was great. It was a large tub with great jets, kept at a great temp. It was an outdoor tub but they had the indoor pool open as well.

Overall:
I would definitely recommend Wyndham Kinsgate for a stay in the Williamsburg area. It is very close to Jamestown as well as the outlets and not too far from Busch Gardens.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Engagechad
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Kingsgate, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the stereo layout in your unit and outdoor hot tub. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This time I have travelled all by myself, but I was surrounded by very nice people. I have travelled by bus. There is a busstop very closed to the hotel. A daypass is only 2 dollars.there is also a Kmart also in walking distance. I have enjoyed every moment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bettina918

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including some helpful tips for future guests. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.