I had reservations for 2-2 bedroom units for 2 nights in advance of our stay. I own a timeshare but since we were staying only 2 nights, I decided to pay for the rooms instead of using 2 whole weeks in trade,
When we got there, I was told they had been trying to get ahold of me (I had given them my phone number when I made my reservation) to let me know they had some mainenance problems (or overbooked???) and they had made arrangements for us to go to another place about 2 miles away. The place was lovely and they were very nice to us, but I had booked the Wyndham so my family and the children in our group could enjoy the indoor pool, putting green, cinema house and arcade on the property. The replacement accomodations had none of those ammenities except for a very small arcade room. They did give us a pass to give us access to those recreational activities there but we never used it. It would have been hard enough in November to get small children from the pool back to our room at the same facility , but 2 miles down the road wasn't very practical.
We were disappointed but they did give me a Visa card with $100 on it. Even so, I would be leary to do this again. I think if I had traded 2 weeks of timeshare time for it, they would have found room for us. At least it would have taken more than $100 to get us to go away.
One good thing, we weren't there long enough to get the "timeshare pitch".
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Kingsgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Kingsgate Hotel Williamsburg
- Wyndham Hotel Williamsburg
- Wyndham Resort Williamsburg
- Fairfield Williamsburg Kingsgate
- Wyndham Williamsburg
- Kingsgate Resort Williamsburg Va
- Williamsburg Wyndham