“Excellent!!”

Wyndham Kingsgate
Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband needs a fully accessible handicapped unit with a shower, because he cannot step into a bathtub. We didn't expect to get what we asked for, but we did. When we checked in, they said to us that they had a handicapped ground floor unit, we asked about a walk in shower and they made sure we got a unit that was just right for us. They went out of their way to make sure of that. The pool area is clean and very nice. There is a hot tub and an adult pool as well. Between 3 - 5 the snack area is open. There is also a store with various foods and snacks that is open all day into the night time hou

Room Tip: Ask for what you want, they will go out of their way to make sure that you get what you request.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank apinsley

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We are Wyndham owners and stayed here the 2nd week of July, 2012. Unfortunately, we did not receive our room when promised so we had to wait longer before we received it. We had a 1 bedroom room which was nice and well maintained. Everything you needed to use in the kitchen was there. Even small Bath & Body Works bath amenities were provided which was nice. The room didn’t have an oven though as I brought along brownies to bake but that is ok. Even the bed was comfortable. We were on the first floor and so we heard the people above us constantly moving (running) around. This resort is gated with Security present which was nice. The thing I need to say was the most disheartening was the “Owner Update”. Yes, it is a lie that it will only take 90 minutes. We were there for 3 hours, no kidding! When we first arrived to the update we had to wait 45 minutes before someone came to us, then we got our free lunch which was a pork bbq sandwich and macaroni salad and drink (Lemonade). So add another 25 minutes. Then finally got with a salesperson. He first walked us to the Presidential Suite to see which wasn’t real close to where we were. Sure it was nice to see but we would never use something like this. Then came the talking. Pressure was high and we told them we weren’t interested in upgrading, but pressure continued. These people are very aggressive and will not take “No” as an answer. It came to the point where we wanted our $70 American Express Card now. So finally, we got our Amex Card but only after we received rude actions from the woman who gave it out. My suggestion is DO NOT do the Owner Update. To me, its not worth going through this drilling to get a reward. It definitely doesn’t fit well in making a great vacation. But to recap about the Resort, it is a nice family resort that is clean with a lot of activities and pool to keep you occupied. Definitely stay here!

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if stairs are an issue, request a first floor room.
3  Thank Disneyorl
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The staff was very nice. I wished we knew that we could get a discount from the activity center for Williamsberg. We love being able to make salads and sandwiches for the cooler! The only extra things we brought that we really needed was Tupperware, ziploc bags and laundry detergent since they did small loads. We were worried about the noise but we had a fan on in the master and slept really well.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Jcn0108
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Ive been to this property twice, first Sept 2011 and then Mar 2012, the first time was a 2 bdrm, we got some sightseeing in and all n all had a great time, loved the accommodations....the second time I got the 3 bedroom lockoff, which was just perfect, my friends (a family of 5) took the 2 bdrm and I stayed in the 1 bedroom. We ended doing the Owner Update, they lied as to the length of time it would take and once they have you, you don't want to walk out w/out your AX gift card. They actually asked my friend for his SS# so they could "pre-qualify" them and then threatened me for referrals. I wouldn't bother going thru the update in Williamsburg again, I found them to be extremely rude. Regardless I am looking for my next visit to Kingsgate, I loved the accommodations and the facility. There is so much to see and do in the area Im sure I will be going back for years to come. AS far as the $5 daily charge I hear so many complaining about, I can see that if you do not use the facility, but so far every time Ive gone we've used the game room and between us all I am sure we used about $5/day in video games!

Room Tip: I chose units that surround the pool, great view, 2 story, I always stay on the top floor. Even w/a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lsaisatx
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We really like this location, and have been here before. This time we booked a little late for a weekend getaway, so could only get a one bedroom, which works out okay for our one teenager. The location is really good, shopping just around the corner, and excellent restaurants starting just a couple blocks away. Unfortunately it was raining during the day and we weren't able to take advantage of the pool or miniature golf, but that is always a nice distraction when the weather is better. The rooms are spacious and the fold out bed is actually usable, the linens are ready to put on and set up -- no calling to get that all sorted out. The only downside was owner update personnel pushing to the point of ruining the check-in experience. Something I could certainly do without after a long drive. Being nice just doesn't seem to work with them, they certainly see that as an exploitable weakness to try and sell you more property. It is a shame because that lowers the stay at least a star and has me rethinking the whole timeshare experience.

3  Thank kushmon
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom/3 bath suite. Occupied the entire 3rd floor which was a ton of space for the family. Beds were very comfortable and the unit was clean. Our air conditioner in the one side of the unit stopped working but maintenance came and fixed it right away. The resort is also located very close to shopping and Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown.

Beware of the meeting they want you to attend regarding "owner's updates" and "RCI updates". This is nothing more than a false pretense to get you to attend while the end goal is to sell you a Wyndham timeshare! They said we would be fed a lunch buffet (which consisted of a hot dog & bag of chips) - not the "buffet" we expected. We were told MULTIPLE times the "updates" would cost NOTHING...only to have it come out 90 minutes later (after our insistence) that it would be $15,000!!! I have attended presentations before and have never felt more pressure than at this one! When I finally told them absolutely NO they got very rude with us! NEVER would attend another one again. Then to top it off the "free" tickets they offered us were not upgradable as we were promised so in the end it ended up costing us an additional $70. EXTREMELY felt "scammed" by them!!!

5  Thank vacationfor2012
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We enjoyed this resort. We asked for a quiet location when checking in and we had a spot in the back overlooking a pond (bldg 16). The condo was spacious, clean and well furnished. The resort has very nice facilities with a family pool and one for adults only, game room, free computers and mini golf. Very close to colonial Williamsburg and easy access to restaurants. We were on the third floor and there were no elevators, fine with us but could be a problem for some. I'd go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple