“Good sandwich and pizza”

New York Deli & Pizza
Ranked #39 of 396 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Greek, Pizza, Wine Bar
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I ordered a pizza and my girlfriend ordered a Rueben and her sandwich came out right away and was really good, huge pile of meat and lots of sauerkraut. The fries were hot and plentiful too.

Then we get to the pizza... or eventually we got to the pizza. When they finally called my name i went up and just asked for it to be boxed to go as it had been at least 20-30 minutes since her sandwich came out. I had a bite of her sandwich and about half her fries and we were pretty much ready to go by the time it was ready. Now i dont mind waiting for pizza, but the lady who took the order said 15 minutes... That seemed reasonable. It would have made more sense to wait on her sandwich till my food was ready too but oh well.

The taste of the pizza was good, great toppings, the italian sausage was really good. The pan crust was quite thick, think deep dish most places, I really liked the crust it was done just right and tasted great.

I would recommend this as place to stop if your in the area but not somewhere to go out of your way to get to, there are tons of restaurants in Williamsburg.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

reasonable prices, good food. The atmosphere is, well there isn't much atmosphere. Good spot for family dining, good burgers, etc.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food is between good and very good. The service is terrible. As others have noted below, there can be an inexplicable delay in getting a few sandwiches out. The owner/manager is not big on apologizing for anything so expect an earful if you have the nerve to ask him when your order might be ready. Maybe he is just pretending to be a rude New Yorker.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Last year when we went my wife raved about the hamburger and I recall the sandwiches being plentiful and good tasting - so we tried it again this year. This time, I got a steak sub and it was big with lots of meat. I tried my wife's hamburger and I would not recommend getting a burger here. Nothing terrible but there are better places for a burger, stick with the subs and deli fare. The kids got spaghetti and chicken fingers. We tried dining outside and were attacked by mosquitoes, but there was plenty of seating for us to return inside. We'll have to come back a third time and get something different to break the tie.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had dinner here after shopping at the premium outlet mall. My husband and two daughters had sandwiches, and they said they were good. I ordered a small cheese pizza, thinking that it would be good, but I couldn't eat it. The cheese was so thick that it all ran to the middle of the pizza when I took out the first piece. I ate less than one piece of this pizza. I didn't enjoy this meal at all. The side orders of french fries and onion rings were obviously frozen and not very good. My recommendation is to visit another restaurant unless you are buying a sandwich.