“Ghostly Tales -- Outstanding”

Williamsburg Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 22 Tours in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Our one-hour Ghostly Tales tour takes you through Williamsburg's historic area in the evening. You will be introduced to the historic importance of each site visited, you will hear of the local ghostly legends that surround them, and of recent encounters with the spirits that reside there. Our Walk About History tour is a one-hour introduction to the history of Williamsburg - its historical importance, development in the 18th century, glimpses into daily life of colonial inhabitants, and modern restoration. An excellent choice if you have limited time to visit Williamsburg, or are looking for an in-depth orientation before touring the town on your own.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ghostly Tales -- Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our "Ghostly Tales" tour was fantastic. Our guide was a recent W&M grad. Extremely knowledgeable and friendly. He handled our small group with confidence and his presentation style was excellent. This tour was a big major highlight of our trip to Colonial Williamsburg.

I will recommend this tour to my friends and business associates if they travel to CW.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Colin C
Bruce L, Manager at Williamsburg Walking Tours, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
I just want to take a moment to say "Thanks!" to you and to all the others who have enjoyed our tours. I appreciate the kind words, and I am glad you chose to join us for a tour.
This is a really fun job - especially when you have a good audience! And, as every one of of you has implied in your reviews, the real secret here is in hiring great people as our guides. So - thanks again one & all.
Bruce

Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just What We Wanted - Great Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I agreed that we wanted to take a Ghost Tour during our visit to Williamsburg. Since the kids were staying with Grandma and Grandpa my husband wanted to take the "Extreme" tour offered by another company because he wanted to be really scared. That tour wasn't offered on the night we wanted to go, so we opted for Williamsburg Walking Tours (my first choice anyway). I'm so glad we did! Our guide was wonderful - very personable and knowledgeable. The tour was a great combination of historical fact/legend combined with more "recent" sightings and experiences that was creepy without being cheesy. Not too scary for children (next time we visit I'll be sure to book another tour with the kids) but still exciting as it got darker and your imagination revs up! The tour lasted for about an hour and the walk was leisurely. We chose to walk with our guide back to our starting point (the tour ends very close to a bus stop if you're pooped) and were treated to some "bonus" stories on the way back. If we hadn't visited Williamsburg when the temperatures were in the high 90's, we would definitely have booked a walking tour of Williamsburg the next day (we opted instead for more AC friendly experiences). This was my favorite part of our trip and I would definitely recommend this tour to others!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Gibber12
Emporia, Kansas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ghostly Tales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great tour and great guide we all had a Awesome time it was a small group so it seemed more personal. There is so much history here that you dont realize it I would highly recomend the Ghostly Tales tour for any and all ages.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Harold P
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This Company is Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

This company is great! My fiance and I took the Ghostly Tales Tour on our first night in Williamsburg. It was very entertaining without the cheesy antics that some tours like this use. The stories were numerous and they talked about everything from very old ghost tales to recent creepy stuff that's happened to employees and tourists. The guide mentioned the Walk About History tour and we ended up taking that one the next day. Also really good. Way less expensive than going with the Colonial Williamsburg tickets. The guide asked us some questions about our knowledge of the city and what we wanted out of the tour and then created a totally personalized tour for us. It was really amazing. I'm so glad we stumbled upon these guys! I would highly recommend them to anyone visiting Williamsburg.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Larry F
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun Personalized Tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Easy to book online! They were very accommodating to a last minute date change. We were greeted by name when we went to meet the guide Trish. She asked us some questions about our knowledge of Colonial Williamsburg and then created a tour that kept us interested for over an hour! Would recommend to anyone!

Visited November 2011