“Most interesting and superb organised walking tour”

Williamsburg Colonial Tours
Ranked #7 of 24 Tours in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We have reopened our tours of Colonial Williamsburg with additional guides. Call me for pricing and answers to your questions and needs. Our rates are the best. Make reservations for dates starting now through 2018.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Looking round in this historical part of Williamsburg with all the renovated old houses and other buildings where people in clothes of the era explained in a very good manner the history of the place and with nice Taverns: wonderful.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family and I had been on a week long trip through Virginia.

We only had one day in Williamsburg, so I researched the best way to give my boys (ages 13 and 10) a appropriate appreciation while maintaing their interest..

I was very fortunate to find Charles and Williamsburg Colonial Tours on-line. By and far, this was the absolute best experience we could have imagined.

We were a bit tired from a whole week of touring, but this historical journey with Charles was the highlight of our trip to VA.

He met us at the hotel and guided us to the best place to park in Williamsburg. We were able to experience all of Williamsburg and William & Mary in just a few hours. We did not go in to the buildings, but did not have to, as we had an even better experience with Charles' stories making history come alive for the whole family. He thoroughly entertained the whole family with his stories. He sensed when we were a bit tired, made a great recommendation for lunch, and then joined us after dinner for a wonderful ghost tour.

We were joined by my buddy's freshman daughter at William & Mary. Even my 13 y/o has a picture that he swears has a picture of a ghost in the picture window. The whole day was outstanding and I would recommend Charles to any family or group that wants to make the most of Williamsburg. We will return and go in some of the buildings with the full background that Charles gave us.

He was courteous, funny, respectful, fair and had lots of great tips for our visit.

I would highly encourage you to consider Charles. You will get soooo much more out of your trip. As a postscript and per Chrales recommendation, we have purchased and are watching the "Adams' miniseries that was taped in Williamsburg.

Bill Whalen
Clarkston MI

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
ghostshunter, Owner at Williamsburg Colonial Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Bill, I cannot begin to thank you for taking time and effort to write such a comprehensive review and I want you to know how much I appreciate it. I love to tour with families and see the interest of students respond to what they are learning. You parents are to be commended for providing this learning event. Remind them to hold onto the US Constitution as their map through life to safeguard their liberty from those who are trying to take their LIBERTY away.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Spent a day in Williamsburg and found it to be very nice. i enjoyed the feeling of going back in time and getting a feel for the town and colonial times. The people are knowledgeable and very happy to describe what they are doing, the building or process of what they were demonstrating.

2  Thank Zeropoli
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Thank You Charles. We thoroughly enjoyed our personal tour
during our visit to Williamsburg. Mr Falls had so much insight
into the past and through his history lesson we were able
to piece the puzzle together. Amazed to find out how interrelated
and exclusive the influential families operated. Our forefathers
were brilliant and wise to the ways of maintaining their influence.
The tour should be your first; you will then understand everything
Williamsburg has to offer.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction