“A quiet area”

Red Roof Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #52 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The rooms were clean and they are dog-friendly. It was an overall good value if all you're doing is using the room for sleeping at night. Perhaps there could be coffee makers in the rooms instead of traipsing down to the lobby. Also, the outside was kind of trashy. There had been the same garbage on the ground in the parking lot the entire four days we stayed. Why was there no one to pick it up (besides the slobs who put it there). And the center stairwell was dirty with blown in pine needles and debris. Wouldn't take a lot to have a groundskeeper or whoever to sweep or blow the debris out. Stairwell was also kind of stinky.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night for Busch Gardens / Colonial Williamsburg trip. Location is great. Roughly 4 miles from Busch Gardens and right down the street from the colonial area. Also a short drive away gives you tons of restaurants and the Prime Outlets. So location and value were the best (paid $42.00 AAA rate), for August this was as cheap as I could find short of sleeping in a tent.

The room seemed cleaned and well maintained. Everything work (TV, fridge, microwave, lights) - though we had problems finding our room because the room # sign had fallen down.

The "off" am I referring to is how safe we felt. We had a weird creepy-ness feeling the entire night. It actually kept my boyfriend from sleeping. We are in Colonial Williamsburg, so I am sure it has it's fair share of ghosts. I know this is very random and a lot of people don't believe in this "stuff" but something didn't seem right.

All in all the value and location was great but I prob wouldn't stay there again just for it's "haunted" feeling. But if you don't believe in that stuff, by all means book a room!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Nice updated Motel 6 - nothing too fancy. I actually wasn't planning to stay at this hotel - I thought I had made a reservation at the OTHER Motel 6 in Williamsburg. Wish I had stayed at the other one, to be honest with you. The rooms at the other one were going for $10 LESS a night (I have stayed there in the past) - and to be honest with you, were not any better or worse than this one. I wish I had gotten it right and stayed at the other location - it was 3 miles closer to where I was working, and would have saved me the ten bucks!

I didn't have any odor issues, nothing didn't work, ample parking - just a basic Motel 6 for the most part. The noise levels were loud in the hotel, though. I would have sworn they rented the room upstairs to a family of hippos. They were constantly walking/pacing the room all night and into the morning - and the floor boards up there squeaked avery time they walked back and fourth. Very noisy ceiling!!!!!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FunnyFisher
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Had reservation at the other location and when I arrived my room was wet with a/c leaking. So sloshing through the wet carpet I went to the front desk. Another room! Well, isn't that nice- so I went to that one and it had an overwhelming scent of wet dog and cigarettes. The AC couldn't even make that smell go away. So, back to the front desk- refund and then left for this location.

I was anxious as I just knew it was going to be awful....but when I opened the door- no smell! When the lights came on- no bugs running. It was actually clean!

Location was perfect! Right in the middle of everything- Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, and the Mc Donalds not too far away.

I will be staying here again on future visits to Williamsburg.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NoneReally
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to Busch Gardens and the price wasn't bad. We were very happy with the room, it was clean and the bathroom was spotless. In fact, we had no complaints until the next morning.

45 minutes before we left, I found a very large cockroach hanging out on the floor near the sink. I wish I hadn't seen it or I could have given this place a perfect review.

Don't stay here or you risk bringing home cockroaches.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MSGuise
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Our stay at this Motel 6 was a questionable experience, to say the least. For starters, we prepared a delicious stew of chicken and potatoes in a crock pot, planning to eat it later that night for dinner. Upon returning to the room, we found that the crock pot had been mysteriously unplugged. Though cooking in the room is technically prohibited, this was strange because before leaving we asked the cleaning lady (who was dressed in an elf costume in June, might I add) that she leave the room undisturbed while we were away. On top of that, we also found that our mustard was inexplicably relocated from the mini fridge to the sink. The most unnerving part was that later we had a bedbug scare when I found two huge ones crawling on me. Other things I'd like to make a note of: all three ice machines were out of order, the vending machines repeatedly let your food get stuck, the pool was only 1/4 full of water, the front office is plagued by an offensive smell, and guests are encouraged to steal wi-fi from an adjacent hotel, which I'm currently using to submit this review. Some of this may seem outlandish or made-up, but I'm being completely honest. I will say that the hotel did have a lovely tomato patch outside, though.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ItIsRussian
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I have stayed in this motel many times over 30 years. Sadly, it's slowly sinking in quality. It was a Red Roof. Now it's a Motel 6. The positives: the room itself was good size; the bathroom actually nice; nice fridge and microwave; TV worked well and had lots of channels. Every thing was quite clean if dated. The price was quite good -- $27.99 for one person within walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg. That said, about a dozen places are offering $29.99 rates. Several things really disappointed me. Yes, it had snowed a lot. But, I was there four nights. Every day the ice covered drive way would melt. Thirty minutes with a snow shovel would have solved that problem. No effort made. I parked several spaces down from my room to have a clear, safe path. Very unimpressive. Second, the controls on my heater/ac were broken and the unit would not shut off. This was very annoying and a big waste of energy. Third, the check-in was very slow and simply not welcoming. As one of about six to eight guests I might have expected some thing. Bottom line: the room was clean; the location is great; the price was right; every thing else was just okay. I can't say for sure if I'll stay here again, which is disappointing to me.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business