“Very nice hotel, really enjoyed stay...just one environmental pet peeve”

Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very nice hotel, really enjoyed stay...just one environmental pet peeve”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this clean and sleek hotel. The rooms were well-appointed with ample space. The staff was quite accommodating and very friendly which was night and day compared to our not-so-good experience at the Holiday Inn Williamsburg - Historic Gateway.

Breakfast was quite good compared to other complimentary hotel breakfasts I've experienced but just one criticism was that all the plates and cups were Styrofoam and utensils were plastic. I was shocked to see a large branded hotel being so wasteful in this day and age. I understand that often things need to be thrown away but I believe the hotel could be a little more environmentally sensitive by somehow incorporating recycling to off-set the waste or something.

Again, aside from the environmental issue this was a great value property with a nice staff and I recommend it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Doc-trotter
Angelique R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Doc-trotter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your stay here with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our rooms and amenities. I appreciate your feedback regarding recycling and will definitely look into making that happen here at our establishment. We hope to see you next time you are in the Williamsburg area.

Angelique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stay with you frequently and always love returning! The staff is welcoming, accomadating, friendly, and always smiling!! Your rooms are gorgeous, clean and comfortable and your breakfast is perfect! Doing a great job all the way around,keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: Great location, stay here!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kellis A
Angelique R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Kellis A -

Thank you so much for your recent review, as well as for your continued support and patronage!
It's great to see that in the short time we have been open, we have made an impression and been able to not only meet, but exceed the expectations of wonderful guests like you!
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you stay with us, hopefully in the near future!
Have a great day!! =)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had a nice weekend stay here. The pool was warm even though it was chilly outside. Room was clean and modern. It is on the north side of Williamsburg and close to a walmart. We would stay here again

• Stayed March 2014
Dear JOEZA -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay, and that we were able to provide you with clean and comfortable accommodations.
We strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, and every review helps us come closer to hitting that mark!
We hope that you will stay with us again, the next time you're in Williamsburg!
MD
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Our volleyball club recently traveled to Williamsburg to participate in a multi-day tournament (the Revolutionary Rumble). As the person responsible for finding lodging for our teams, I try to strike a balance between quality and price for our families going to overnight tournaments. This one fit the bill. From dealing with Tena Nelson in the sales department to the hotel employees, we were very happy. There were a few minor glitches with reservations being lost/combined, but they were quickly remedied. The hotel was simple and very clean, one of the cleanest I've stayed in, so kudos to the housekeeping staff, as well. The rooms and bathrooms were also very clean. Breakfast on weekends is supposed to be from 7-10 a.m. but on both Sat. & Sun. mornings they had breakfast going well ahead of 7 a.m. We were very grateful for that as we had at least one team who had to be at their venue by 7:15 a.m on Sat. They were able to eat breakfast that morning right there instead of having to find something on the way to the venue. And breakfast was quite good, too. Our club will definitely stay there again if we have teams who decide to go to that tournament next year. All of the venues we played in, with only one exception, were within 5-10 min. of the hotel. It was a very convenient location for us. I stayed in Rm 419. The room was pretty quiet. It was located midway down a hallway with rooms on either side of it. Did not spend a lot of time in the room but I did not notice a lot of noise of any kind while I was there. The hotel is located off the main road so traffic was not heavy going by. Can't say I noticed any traffic noise at all, actually. As for sleep quality, I did not sleep terribly well either night, but honestly, I never do when I stay away from home. I am used to sleeping on a waterbed, so sleeping on a regular mattress anywhere is an adjustment, and each night I had to share a bed with one of my kids. Plus I worry about oversleeping and not getting to a match on time. So I cannot fault the hotel for that. My daughters seemed to sleep perfectly fine both nights. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, reasonably priced room in Williamsburg.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear ceyanne -

Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect and share with us, your experience at our hotel.
We know how hard it can be to choose a location that will be comfortable for everyone, when booking such a large group, and we are so pleased to hear that we were able to provide a nice balance of quality and affordability!
We appreciate the feedback for all departments, and will be sure to pass along your kind words to the appropriate recipients.
We hope you enjoyed your stay in Williamsburg, and look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!
Have a great day!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Had a great experience there! I had some issues that were quickly sorted out with Danielle (super nice and professional) and the help of management! It was such a wonderful experience. I am so use to getting bad customer service at so many places and this was delightful! I am not usually one to write comments but excellent service deserves excellent review! The rooms were also very clean, and nice! Will definitely be coming back when I am back in the area!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Allie B -

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North.
We pride ourselves on delivering an experience that not only meets, but exceeds expectations, and exemplifies that here, guest satisfaction is paramount.
We hope that you enjoyed your time in Williamsburg, and that you will stay with us again.
Have a wonderful day!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Spent one night at this hotel with my wife and son on a road trip. The location was not very good - about half an hour from downtown and the check-in took a long time. Room was nice and clean but on the smaller side. The pool was crowded and not attended too - missing towels and trash around the pool. Didn´t try the breakfast. Would not recommend as there are plenty of chain hotels around the area with better location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Okbistroservice
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear marteinnjonasson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward them to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Good basic accommodations. They tell me it was recently remodeled and it shows. There is nothing fancy about it, but it is unbelievably clean. The beds are comfortable. The decor is basic but functional. And the wifi is fast. Is there really anything more one could ask for a $100 per night hotel? Is it a Fairmont? No. But it is solid, basic, functional, safe, and satisfying.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear CWR01,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our property being functional, safe and satisfying. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.