Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
“Great stay!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a great stay and will definitely return! This is truly a kid-friendly place...with free cookies and a clown who makes balloon animals at breakfast! Our room was spacious and clean. The staff is very helpful, too. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Emily L,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Greensboro,NC
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were passing through Williamsburg on our way to the beach and I did a ton of research on hotels. We had our 15 month old with us and I wanted a place with a seperate room so we could put him to bed and still be able to hang out, watch tv, etc. I wanted all of this without breaking the bank! I was so happy with the suites at this hotel... the space was great, the bedroom was completly seperate with its own door and the bathroom was just outside the bedroom door so we didn't have to walk through the living area and risk waking up our son in the middle of the night. We kept joking that whoever designed the room must have had kids!
It was also really nice to have a fridge and counter space so we could keep his milk and snacks handy.
The beds were sooo comfortable! What a bonus! We slept so well and were very refreshed the next morning as we ate up the amazing breakfast. I love that they had hot and cold items.
I have to also mention how great the staff was, I wish I could remember the man behind the front desks name, because he was just so kind and very welcoming.
I highly recommend this hotel to any one heading to Williamsburg- I know we will be back!

Room Tip: traveling with children?? GET THE SUITE!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear cmonaghan,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic
Quantico, Virginia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very pleased with the service and room. The room was clean, had comfortable beds, free WIFI, and very nice flat screen tv. The free breakfast was average, limited selection. Hard boiled eggs would have been nice, no eggs were available at all. The lady who attended the continental breakfast was super nice, very likable.
The front porch was very nice, a nice touch of home. The lobby itself was cozy and homelike. It is centrally located to Bush Gardens and The Outlet Malls. Our family was very pleased and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: For a family of four, the two queen beds were perfect.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear verocctx,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast service. We are always trying to find a better way to make the service better. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Williamsburg
Warrenton, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here on 9/14/2012 as a single overnight stay. The hotel was well kept, and hide nice ammenities. The room was clean, and well maintained. I had booked the room throgh a web site, and I forgot to request a room on the top floor, so I had the room right next to stairs, and I would a lot of lobby noise and door slamming. The next morning I found it the hotel was invaded by a large school group of teenagers so that explained the noise. This is not usual for this hotel. The breakfast area was just o.k. The breakfast area could have been mainted better as far a cleaning, and replinshment. I wound up at the Golden Corral just up the street because I wanted a full breakfast with tons of choices. The best was comfortable enough. The front desk staff was hospitable. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and the brand. According to my spouse, who has stayed at this brand before, this was on the lower end of the quality for the Country Inn and Suites brand. I must say it beats the heck out of the Quality Inn and Suites I had stayed at in this summer. It is worth the extra money for a well mainttianed property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stair well and elevator. They are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HMPHotels, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Michael D,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for staying with us, and we are glad that we could accommodate you. Thank you for all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. Thank you for also sharing your concerns with us about breakfast. We appreciate all guest feedback. We are always looking for better ways to make this service better. We take guest feedback very seriously. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very nice place and very reasonable for what you get. Really good location. Breakfast is basic but good....anywhere that has 24 hour coffee and cookies is ok with me. Room was clean, no problems. Pool, hot tub was nice and clean--a relaxing way to end a busy day. Very small fitness center that was functional and served the purpose but very very hot in there and no way to adjust. Most staff very friendly too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HMPHotels, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear m3056,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We take guest feedback seriously. We will pass these concerns on to our staff. We are sorry for any inconvenience that any of these have caused you. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Allegany, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went on my Honeymoon to Williamsburg VA. Stayed 6 nights in one bedroom King Suite. The room was fantastic. The bed was comfortable, the bedding was much better than average. The pool was little warm for my taste but I am from the the north used to swimming in outdoor pools with average water temp of 78-82. The breakfast was adequate but was quite crowded. they were not real great about cleaning tables between patrons. Outside area had a nice sitting area. AC was good in room. Hallways were kinda warm but dont spend much time in there. they were great about giving us extra towels. Check was easy. Check out was easy. The only reason I didnt rate a 5 star was breakfast wasnt great. (still very adequate though) The location is AWESOME. it is a 2 minute drive to colonial williamsburg visitor center. right down street from restaurants, gas stations and shopping. Parking was very close to entrance. I would def stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear steven I,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. Thank you for mentioning the breakfast service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback.. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

World Traveler
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Country Inn and Suites is a generic hotel with nothing special to it. It is very average in a pretty good location. It is close to attractions and the highway. The wireless internet connection leaves a lot to be desired and if you are attending online classes or do business that requires you to have internet you may want to look elsewhere.
The worst part of the experience was checking out. When I checked out they were unable to give me an individual receipt for my stay. They could only give me a receipt for my group. They did say they could email me an individual receipt. When I called a week later to inquire about the individual receipt, the front desk clerk was rude and said she already sent it. When I stated that I did not receive the email she said she did not think she would be able to send it again but she would see what she could do. I did finally receive my receipt. More than a month later I was told that the hotel billed the seminar host for my room and did not bill my credit card. (This after I had asked if they need my card again at checkout and asked if everything was in order). I have since been trying to correct the billing error. I would recommend finding someplace else to stay. There are several other hotels within the area.

Room Tip: Stay at a better hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review! We are very sorry to hear about the wifi. We understand if you are a student or business traveler this is very important. We certainly understand how frustrating this must have been. We would like to discuss the check out and the billing problems you ran into. Please feel free to email us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. We look forward to hearing from you. ~Dana