“Hilton was a great place for us”

Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Vancouver, BC
“Hilton was a great place for us”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights to attend a football camp nearby. Great location - a ton of restaurant choices within walking distance. Clean hotel with very friendly staff. Rates were reasonable. We would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Michael C
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
Glendale, AZ
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We just returned from our 2nd visit to Williamsburg for my son's Top Gun football camp. We were not happy with the place we stayed in last year, so this year I did research to find a better place to stay. HGI was terrific, nice pool, fitness room has great equipment, wifi works well, pools are extremely comfortable, and the breakfast is definitely "a cut above" from all the other hotel breakfasts (also loved the cookies!). We booked the Bed & Breakfast package rather than paying the daily rate for breakfast, but the cooked-to-order part is very nice, plus there are several buffet items. The breakfast area is lovely, never got too crowded, and the staff who work the area are extremely friendly, cheerful, and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place over any of the other "free breakfast" hotels, and when we return to the area I won't need to do further research, as we'll be staying here on all future visits.

1 Thank Barbara-AZ
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our cook to order breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is located in the perfect spot, close to Colonial Williamsburg and the Busch Gardens theme parks. There is plenty of parking around the hotel. The lobby was clean and bright, very welcoming. The front desk staff were always kind and friendly.
Our room was spotless, very clean. The bathroom was very clean. All of the white in the bathroom was white, not an off white, but sparkling.
Breakfast may have been my favorite part. Get down to the lobby early ( no later than 8) to avoid the morning bustle. The morning wait staff are friendly. The food was DELICIOUS! The chef made everything perfectly. There was plenty to choose from without it being overwhelming.
My only complaint is not with the hotel, but the roads around it. Coming from Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens, you have to make a loop using backroads to get to Richmond Road.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cassandra C
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently visited the Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg to attend a football camp with my son. We thorughly enjoyed our three day stay at this hotel. The hotel is nice, clean, and very well maintained. My son was especially fond of the freshly baked cookies that the hotel offers on a nightly basis, gratis. The staff are extremely nice, and helpful; we felt very welcome. The hotel is in a great location in Williamsburg; centrally located, and within walking distance to numerous restaurants. Also, 5 to 15 minutes driving distance to many more. However, I will not patronize this location in the future.

In all honesty, I would recommend this hotel for others but I cannot return to this location in good conscience. Through no fault of the hotel, the airline I utilized, or myself the Newark Airport was shut down for a few hours due to weather conditions. Obviously, this created a nightmare within the airport and many flights were cancelled or delayed, mine included. I phoned the hotel to inform them that in all likelihood I would not be able to check in until the following day. As I did not arrive into Richmond until 2:30 am with my son, and all of the rental car facilities were closed we were forced to rent a room there for that morning.

I phoned the hotel again to update them on my status and was informed that I would lose my reservation if I didn't not allow them to issue me a late check-in for that night, and I would have been charged for the night anyway because I had not cancelled within 48 hours. Since, I was paying for the night anyway (and as stated I'm traveling with my son, the idea of driving around Williamsburg the following day trying to secure new accommodations did not appeal to me) I allowed this to occur.

Through my own fault I assumed that since we had not actually used the room, I could appeal to management and have the charge reversed. Upon check-out I left a message asking management to contact me, which they promptly did. I was informed in the nicest possible manner by the Assistant GM that she could not reverse the charge. Subsequently, I ask to speak to the GM whom also declined, with empathy, to reverse the charge.

So, basically I ended up eating one nights stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg AND paying for the same nights stay in Richmond. Obviously, I am not thrilled about this. Therefore, as I did not receive the consideration I believe was in order, I will not return to the Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg. I would absolutely recommend this hotel if you're positive that you will not have any delays in checking into this hotel. Again, let me be clear: THE STAFF AT THE HILTON GARDEN INN WILLIAMSBURG HOTEL IS FANTASTIC!!! I simply believe management could have shown more flexibility in my particular case.

Room Tip: Sleep quality was rated poor due to no central air, and the air conditionar was somwhat noisy but to...
3 Thank Palaina
Illinois, USA
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My review is based on just one night stay.
The front desk staff (Nancy and Joe) were very welcoming and good humored. After we settled in our room, they telephoned us to make sure we found everything we needed.
The room and bathroom were spacious, very clean and comfortable. Great water pressure.
Free parking. The area felt very safe.
Very pleasantly looking lobby and breakfast area. Breakfast itself is just OK, but it did its job before we hit the road.
If we were to go back to Williamsburg, we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Joe and Nancy made such an impression. It is always great to hear wonderful things about our staff members. We hope to see you again in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn in Williamsburg delivered a nice three-night vacation stay. The hotel is centrally located to a lot of places and is very clean. The staff for the most part was very friendly and accommodating minus a few ladies at the front desk during the AM. We had one problem with the room that was never fixed. The A/C leaks and soaks quite a bit of the carpet. The afternoon cookies are a nice treat and the breakfast is very good and a great price for a hotel. Hilton is one of my favorite chains as I know what type of hotel to expect from them when choosing one of their categories of hotels. This hotel is very solid and I’d gladly stay here again in the future.

1 Thank barryvo
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Although you had a problem with the ac unit during your stay I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to personally apologize not only for the ac unit making the carpet wet but for my staff members not fixing it during your stay. Please contact me directly, so that I can get more information as to why it was not fixed during your stay. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Bellmawr, NJ
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Garden Inn on July 6th enroute home from SC. Nancy was at the reception desk , very cordial and couldn't have been more accommodating if she tried! The room was immaculate and felt very "welcoming". The next morning we departed for home but not before we'd had breakfast in the dining area where Barbara was the hostess and Gloria and Cynthia were servers. This team was only one of many who obviously make up a very diligent staff that possesses a very impressive work ethic.

We thought we'd "try" this type of lodging just to see what it offered...well, from this point on, you can rest assured the Hilton Garden Inn is where we'll be staying for any forthcoming trips to that wonderful Williamsburg area! Many thanks to all of you who helped to provide "a home away from home"...your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Room Tip: If handicapped, the staff will try to offer you a room on a lower level; they go out of their way to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that so many of our staff members made an impression on you. We enjoy hear comments about our staff members and have passed on your comments to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.