SpringHill Suites Williamsburg
Hampton.com
$198
$189
Autograph
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$90
Official Website
$129
$114
Priceline
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$169
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
$199
Orbitz.com
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$197
$186
Priceline
  • Pool
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
$280
All reviewswafflesbusch gardensindoor poolfree breakfastthe breakfast areafood for thoughttwo queen bedssoccer tournamentspacious roomsmall fridgestayed here for one nightsleeper sofashort drivehistoric sitesclean hotelnice sizeliving area
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel before and have always been very happy with it. However, it has been two years since we were here. They since remodeled and now we don'tl ike it at all. Staff was very nice and helpful. First of all we looked at the business center. someone must have been drunk when they designed it. Computer very high up, so you need to stand while using it. We then went to our room. We started to unpack as we were going to stay several days. But couldn't find any dresser to put our clothes in. Opened up the closet to hang up a few things and then couldn't close the closet. Called for help someone came a few hours later. He said door gets stuck so you have to lift the door over it. Never did fix it. Went to put the TV on and realized no remote! So they had to send someone to bring me one. Breakfast used to be very nice and many choices. It wasn't so good. First of all no bread, only bagels, no fresh fruit and water for my tea was cold. People working the breakfast weren't so nice either. Front desk they were very nice. We won't stay here again or suggest it to other people.

Room Tip: make sure your closet door closes
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seymour E
Mark T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

SY72, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I wish your stay could have been more enjoyable. We do have a tall counter in our business center counter, there is uaually a high seat to use with it, unless it had been moved temporarily. The dresser drawers are located in the cabinent under the main TV in each room. They have minimized the amount of drawers in rooms as it seems that often times guests either place their luggage on the luggage rack and use it that way or hang the clothes in the closets. Your concerns and comments have been noted and passed to the proper chain on management. We have a complimentary hot buffet breakfast that is based on Marriott's Standards that are strictly enforced with quite the variety of foods offered. While many items remain the same each day, several items change from day to day to offer a variety to guests who stay more than a couple of nights. The concerns with your closet door have been dully noted and are being taken care of.
I hope that you will reconsider your choice and stay with us again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful holiday weekend in Williamsburg, and a big part of that was due to the lovely staff! Everyone who works at the Springhill Suites that we ran into was exceptionally friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the kitchen to housekeeping. Although I did not get a couple of names (housekeeping and a maintenance(?) gentleman), the ones I had direct contact with were Crystal (even before we got there when I had called in with questions two days earlier - she remembered!), Anthony, and Marcia(?). More specifically: * Crystal - Offered great advice and was very knowledgeable of the area and attractions* Anthony - Offered great dining advice and managed to find me a phone charger to use for the weekend as I had forgotten mine at home* Marcia - A great personality who, upon hearing me get bummed that there was no sausage gravy that day, went back to the kitchen, fixed me a bowl, and brought it out to me - what a treat! We plan to visit the historic triangle every chance we get and you can be sure that we'll stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriot on Richmond Highway. BTW, we got a great deal for the 2 nights we were there. Also, our king room was quite nice, very roomy, and the decor was just right - good colors, which were also carried through to the lobby - a light, fun atmosphere, but still classy for that level of hotel, Thanks!

Room Tip: King Room we had (#307) was a great size and had a semi-separated area between the bed/sofa/suite area and "kitchenette" office space area - perfect when trying to get some work done...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RIA13
Mark T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. at the Williamsburg Springhill Suites. We always love to see our staff taking extra good care of our guests and your comments have been passed to them individually. We cannot wait to have you visit Williamsburg again so that we may have you at our hotels again. Thank you!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel is great for families and weekend get-aways.
The rooms are well appointed & maintained.
If you arrive mid-morning Saturdays expect to wait for your rooms.
We had requested early check-in so as to drop off our belongings and still have most of the day to adventure through Williamsburg. Sadly, we didn't get into our rooms until nearly 4:30. That was disappointing since the hotel was only 65% full the night before.
The complimentary breakfast is okay. The food area needs to be policed more often. There was no fresh fruit and the waffle station was a mess.
The hot tub was luke warm at best and disappointing!

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queen beds are more advantageous. Higher floors are much less noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Mark T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do try our best to accomodate early check-ins when possible, with our normal check-in time being 4pm. I am unsure of what your exact date of stay was, so I cannot check to see if there is any particualr reason for being unable to accomodate your request. I want to offer my apologies and hope that you will consider staying with us again. Please contact me directly should you need any assistance in your accomodations. I have also passed on the concerns to our kitchen/breakfast staff about breakfast area cleanliness and availaibilty of food.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel just went through Renovations and it has the feel of a brand new hotel. The service is great and has great amenities. I fully enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning. I fully intend to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Mark T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking teh time to review our hotel. Please cmoe stay with us again should you return to Williamsburg, Virginia. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visit Williamsburg every year and have tried a variety of hotels. We were not happy with this hotel overall. First, our request for a king room was not granted. We got our room key and the room was on the first floor amist many air blowers that were extremely loud. We went back to change and nothing with a king was available. The front desk offered no explanation. In talking to other guests we found that apparently the day or so before a guest had hung clothes from the fire sprinkler and flooded several rooms. Really they were going to put us into a barely dried out room and offered no comment?! Overall the hotel was new but it was very cheaply decorated and not comfortable. The decor and the lack of hospitality really made me miss the Hilton brand where we've stayed more recently. There was nothing special about this hotel and in the same star/price range I think you can find better in Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Good location, but there are so many hotels in the area you can find something better. Note hotel across the parking lot is also Marriott but does not have an indoor pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us at the Springhill Suites. We did in fact have the incident stated happen. We were not putting guests into the flooded rooms, as these rooms were reconditioned before using them. The blowers were being ustilized in the hallways to dry up any moisture there. I apologize for your inconvience. The incident with the sprinkler system in the room was the reason we were short on King Rooms, and this should have been conveyed to you. I hope that you will give our hotel another chance during your next visit to Williamsburg, Virginia.