“Renovated, refreshed and clean”

SpringHill Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Just finished a rehab and the place looks like new. Great spacious rooms that can easily fit 5. Nice location and friendly staff. Only complaint is wifi does not work in my room. Breakfast is plentiful and the decor is modern. A nice find.

• Stayed: October 2012
Mark T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback on our renovations. We did just 'renovate' our Internet service as well. We switched providers just last week. I look forward to having you stay with us again, and enjoying teh complete product.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed at this property at least twice a year with my bowling family, Bison And Family and we just keep coming back. The rooms are clean and large, the staff has been excellent, I was there also in August on the 4th floor during the renovations, which I think they were great, we also had a fire drill that Sunday, in which one of the staff conversed with us the entire time, as well as the night before the night manager came out front of the property and spoke with all of us as if we were all one big happy family. This is a great place to stay, will be returning in November for that great morning breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Bison Family Group...Thank you again for another stay at our hotels! We look forward to you next stay with us. Our renovations have come to a close and I hope you are able to enjoy them many times over!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed on this property two nights in August. I can not fully review this hotel as it was undergoing renovations at the time. We were on the 4th floor in the newly renovated room and the room itself was very large so no complaints there. Full lobby, dining and swimming areas were all closed off so I can not review it. It was not a surprise for us. We were notified of the renovations by email and a note was posted to our online reservation. We were expecting it and it was not a bother as the construction was taking place during the day when we were out. Because of the construction we had to eat across the lot at a sister hotel which was a total mess. The area there was extremely small and not even close to being able to handle the capacity. This should have been thought of through better by management as part of the renovations planning. Once the renovations are complete I think it will be a very nice hotel. The location is very convenient to all local attractions and plenty of dining choices near by most are within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Mark T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I am grateful for your review and that you enjoyed your newly renovated room at the Springhill Suites. While you were inconvenienced with the breakfast area, I want to invite you back to our hotels if you are in Williamsburg, Virginia again. We have completed our renovations and I think you will be pleasantly impressed with the new Springhill Suites dining area. Thank you for your time in reviewing out hotel.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Travelling with my four sisters. Stayed 2 nights. Clean, comfortable, great breakfasts in the morning, and friendly helpful staff. (Ariel was great as was breakfast staff.) Couldn't ask for more. Location was within a couple miles of Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I am happy that you and your sisters enjoyed your stay here in Williamsburg, Virginia at the Springhill Suites. We always welcome positive feedback on our employees, and have praised them for a job well done. We welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed Sept. 17-19th on the 1st floor. The lobby and our room had undergone renovations and it smelled fresh throughout. The perks were... Comfortable bed, fluffy pillows, quiet room, free breakfast buffet (Belgian waffles, Canadian bacon, eggs,fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels) plenty to choose from. The downside... The water did not drain out of the tub when taking a shower, so you had water over your ankles. The lobby and 1st floor felt muggy. The refrigerator door would not open all the way due to the door dragging across the carpet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We have addressed the air conditioning issue mentioned and the bathroom in your room. Please rest assured that we have reacted in a timely fashion to ensure we have fixed the issues. I hope that upon any future trips to Williamsburg, VA you will stay with us again. I am glad you were able to enjoy our newly renovated hotel!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

my family and I stayed at Springhill this August. One night my family and i were swimming in the indoor pool, went to bed, and woke up to find complete renovation/construction going on outside our room. The pool was completely drained and the entire dining area was boarded up. We were never notified such an obstruction was going to happen. In fact, our family woke that morning to get our complimentary breakfast in that dining room. We asked the front desk what was going on and they gave no apologies. They simply told us that breakfast would be served in the hotel across the large parking lot.
I complained to corporate and was directed to a manager from the hotel. The manager offered me one complimentary night stay. I explained that we lived 7 hours away and that was not feasible. Yet the manager was unwilling to compromise. I told her that she could keep her offer and I was very upset with the way my family and i were treated during our stay and after.

1  Thank kimberley v
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel was being renovated while we were there so all areas were not available to us I am not complaining just making a statement.The room were a little small but very funcitional. they were clean.We traveled with our 3 grand kids ages 7,12,&14 and the room was very comfortable.The location was great close to buschgardens and water country.Many eating places within walking distance.I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone traveling with children.

1  Thank Geneame
Mark T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I am glad that you and your grandchildren enjoyed their stay in Williamsburg, Virginia and all of the attractions. We are definitely centrally located to all of the attractions. I am happy that you were able to stay in our newly renovated rooms. Renovations are coming to an end this week and we are proud! Please come see us again on your next trip to Williamsburg, VA.