“A tea lovers MUST along with an educational!”
Review of Discover Teas

Discover Teas
Description: Loose Leaf Tea Market, Tea Bar & Lounge
Description: Loose Leaf Tea Market, Tea Bar & Lounge
Michigan
“A tea lovers MUST along with an educational!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Recently, they have also expanded and added a store in Port Warwick in Newport News! This place has amazing top of the line teas, a staff that is very knowledgeable and willing to discuss the different properties of assorted teas and how to brew them properly (all these years i thought I hated green tea because it was bitter....to learn it was my own fault for having the water to hot and steeping it for to long). Each locations has a great cozy place to relax and enjoy a fresh brewed cup of tea and read or hang out. I enjoy this place so much that when people come to visit from out of town it is a must do excursion! Most interesting tea I have tried is the Jamestown Gunpowder when they tell you it is like standing on a field after a battle with the gunpowder in the air, you think their is no way you can put that into a tea...WELL they did!

• Visited January 2013
Kristi M, Social Media Manager at Discover Teas, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! We make it our mission to make everyone's tea experience as educational as possible. We're happy to hear that you can now enjoy green teas as well!

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great tea, excellent staff”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stopped in to have a cup of tea at the new location in Newport News. The atmosphere is relaxed and the women working had us smell a few teas and helped us decide which kind we might want. She was happy to have me check out almost all of the different types before making me a cup of tea that was a blend of two different types. After our tea steeped she even took the tea out and put them in small plastic containers so that we could brew another cup later (we did the next morning after putting these in the fridge, worked great!).

This is a wonderful place to visit and get a cup of tea or some to take home.

• Visited January 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“A Must-Stop for anyone visiting Williamsburg!”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I visited Discover Teas in January, 2012 with friends with whom we were vacationing in Williamsburg. My friends know how much I enjoy a good cup of tea and thought I'd enjoy visiting Discover Teas on a Saturday when a 'tea class' is offered. What an AMAZING experience! I have a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and Kenneth, the teacher of the class, has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of teas AND their effects on our bodies. Kenneth talked about teas from medicinal, philosophical, historical and cultural points of view that astounded me! I also have traveled extensively throughout England, India and Sri Lanka and Kenneth recounted stories about teas from those regions that I could verify as accurate from my personal experiences. I bought the Sleepeeze tea for my High School age daughter who was studying for mid-term exams and she slept like a baby after massive amounts of time spent studying. My husband really likes the Iron Goddess of Mercy Oolong tea and my youngest daughter totally enjoyed the Irish Mocha La'Tea. My favorite is the Jasmine Dragon Tears tea - a soothing, aromatic tea that is so smooth and smells so sweetly of jasmine that you just want to swoon. I highly recommend this tea lounge for exploration of new tastes and for the knowledgable staff. Way to go Chris (owner from San Francisco) and Kenneth!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Blessed_Lady0519
williamsburg virginia
“A Unique, wonderful experience in Williamsburg”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

A charming tea bar and lounge. Baked goods offered with tea ingredients. Owner will create a special tea drink for you from over 50 unique teas from around the globe. You can relax in the wi-fi tea lounge. A truly unique and special experience. Excellent service and good location.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank adventurer21
Thank you for the review! You'll be happy to know that we have over 100+ loose leaf teas available now!