“Not what Wasabi was two years ago.”
Review of Wasabi Oriental Buffet - CLOSED

Wasabi Oriental Buffet
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Not what Wasabi was two years ago.”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

For a couple of years now my hubby and I have eaten lunch at Wasabi almost on a weekly basis. The past six months maybe longer, the food just isnt what it used to be. Some of the regular dishes we always fill our plates with, are tasting different each time we visit for lunch. Our last visit was average yet again. This was the first time the (I call them crab rangoons, but it's just cream cheese rangoons at Wasabi) rangoons and the egg rolls were sitting in the oil they were fried in. I picked up one egg roll with the tongs and it was dripping with excess oil. It was sad really. These two items have always been fried perfectly in the past visits. The General Tso's chicken was rather vinegar tasting this time. I could keep going about each item we each tasted, but, I think the point is the owner needs to taste the food being put out.
We dont know the owner, but, he's always very sweet greeting us with a smile, and a welcome, and thanking us for coming in as we leave. Such simple changes of finding the cook that represents his food properly would make a world of difference to Wasabi. Two years ago the place was always busy at lunch time. This friday, there was 3 tables eating lunch. This still could be the best Oriental Buffet in Williamsburg, but, the owner needs to do something soon.

• Visited May 2012

Tillsonburg, Canada
“great chinese restaurant”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This restaurant has got a great selection of food. If you like sushi, this is the place to try. Prices are excellent and food is fresh and you don't have to wait long when a particular food is empty, they are right there to fill it up.

Visited May 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Well, at Least I Like it”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife doesn't care for buffets, as she thinks hot tables ruin any food. My good friends are food snobs, joined me here once, and I could tell they wouldn't be back. But my wife's out of town, so once again, I ate there alone. I admit that much of the buffet food is unappetizing and taseless, but the trick to eating here is to stick with the Mongolian barbecue and the sushi. I do enjoy the hot and sour soup and I always take a large helping of the seaweed. The mussels are large and fresh but lay off the ones that are covered with some kind of cheesy concoction, as are several other items. So, if you're careful in what you choose, you'll do alright. For the money, it can be a great deal

Visited March 2012
“WATCH WHAT YOU EAT”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Yesterday I and my daughters visited WASABI in Williamsburg as we have done for the past two years. The quality of the food was less than it normally is, the shrimp seemed a bit more "fishy" in flavor and odor. From the salad bar I discovered a chunk of glass or plastic a little over 1/16 inches in diameter either glass or plastic, though I was not able to cut it with a steak knife to show it tough it was. I brought this up to the lady at register
and we still paid the 7.49 for the three of us though she gave us a $1.50 discount. She brought this up to the server.

I noticed there is a different cook wearing a seed cap who was about 5 feet tall. I presume this was the cook as he came out fo the kitchen. I have never seen him before.
I have not had this dilema before at this restruant.

I hope they improve. I love the location and value.

• Visited February 2012
Spout Spring, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Quality”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This oriental buffet is second to none in freshness and food quality. The sushi selection is more 'center' than rice. The meats are delicious, as are the vegetables, salads, and desserts.

Lunch buffet is $7.95 Evening buffet is $10.95

We have switched from Mongolian Grill to Wasabi Oriental Buffet as our favorite in Williamsburg.

• Visited January 2012