“Best Mexican we've had in a long time”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #64 of 390 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dayton, Ohio
“Best Mexican we've had in a long time”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We just thought we were just going to Lunch, but were in for a real treat. The interior looked upscale. The menu was nicely varied. We decided to order a guacamole salad appetizer. We balked at the price, but were blown away. A waitress showed up at the table with a cart and proceeded to hand make the guacamole from three fresh avacados and added all the ingredients we liked. It impressed us so much the price was no big deal. The service was superior. I dropped my fork on the floor. In less than 30 seconds, a sever came over with a fresh one. Can't remember what our entrees were, but we enjoyed every minute of our experience there.

• Visited April 2013

Hertford, North Carolina
“You have to like Mexican. If you dont like spicy they have that for you too.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I dont like spicy foods. So I cant vouch for the spicy stuff I know they have. But I can say the casadeas are wonderful. I like the mexican taste but I really can not eat spicy it upsets my stomach. So if your afraid to eat here dont be. Just watch what you order and ask. They will assist you. The attomosphere and people here area wonderful.

Visited March 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Plaza”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Plaza Azteca has great customer service. The staff was very efficient at doing there job. I usually go to a local Mexican restaurant but thought this one was better. The only bad thing, this is not a reflection of the restaurant, was the booth behind us was rather loud. We could here the whole conversation. Everything else was very good. I enjoyed the whole experience of this Plaza Azteca. On the way out, we were given a coupon to come back and information about Cinco de Mayo. We would have come back but had other plans for that weekend. I hope this helps in deciding to go to Plaza Azteca. I usually do not write about things like this but it was such a good experience.

• Visited May 2013
“Overpriced Mexican”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't worth the price. You're paying for an Americanized atmosphere that is over the top. We tried the suizas, a favorite of ours, and they were probably the worst we've had; not to say they were bad, just the lowest on the list. I would rather pay a third of the price for the place in the strip mall down the street and be much happier with the food.

Visited April 2013
Benton
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We tried this restaurant for a change and because we missed having Mexican food on this trip.
Plaza Azteca is a good place if you want a large variety of choices and good combination plates.
We had read about their guacamole and their white salsa. The guacamole was made tableside and was the largest serving that I have ever seen at one table. It could have served 4-6 people. Worth every penny it cost us. The white salsa was so so. Really didn't know what to expect when we ordered it. Couldn't tell if it had a mayonnaise base or a sour cream base. We both tried a combination plate. Mine was a beef enchilada & chicken enchilada with black beans and rice. My husband tried the chili relleno, beef enchilada with refried beans and rice. Both were fairly good Tex-Mex.

• Visited April 2013