“Delicious, Yummy, Great food!”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #57 of 411 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The food here is great. Don't even hesitate to eat here. The margaritas are so good. The guacamole....WOW! It is made table-side and was the largest portion of guacamole that I have ever seen, and will likely ever see. What an incredible value for an enormous bowl of guacamole for under $10. The guacamole is made to order mild, medium or spicy. I ordered the seafood chimichanga (fried) which had shrimp and fish inside. It was wonderful! The atmosphere and decorations were beautiful. There is an outside plaza which is part of the restaurant which had live music to entertain on the weekend. We had about an hour wait for a table, so the live music outside was wonderful, and they had a mechanical bull. Yes, there was a mechanical bull outside to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. The bull had a line and kept many kids and a few adults entertained. Our waiting time passed so quickly while riding the bull! We did not have to wait the entire hour, as our table was ready in 30 minutes. As mentioned, the food greatly exceeded my expectations. The waiter was not really that attentive, but we were having such a great time enjoying the table-side guacamole service, that it was not a problem. If in town again, I would eat here absolutely. We had so much guacamole, I took it back to the hotel fridge and had it for lunch the next day. I would like to try everything on the menu, as my friend's dinner looked great too. Excellent experience! I would love to vacation here for a week, and eat here every night.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Our first time here, and not impressed. Our Server was overstretched with too many tables and it showed. From from waiting forever to place our orders, to watching other tables enjoy the chips and salsa the service continued to be poor the entire time.

When our wrong order arrived they didn't bother telling us that the plates were 750 degrees . My 5 year old son almost burned himself on his cheese quesadilla plate before I moved it away. By the time the RIGHT order arrived I had more onions than streak in my burrito.

I guess how good can you expect Mexican food to be in Virginia, but you should expect decent and SAFE service!!!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My family was in Williamsburg doing some shopping. We decided we wanted some good Mexican food. After looking online we came across the stars that this restaurant had received. Once there we had waited 10 minutes for our server to even serve us. Not only did the trouble start there the server gave us a half full salsa serving. Therefor we had to ask for another just to cover the family table. Once we placed our order it was a total of 45 minutes waiting for our food. Our server never came to the table to apologize for the long wait. Not only was the serving small and sloppy. The plates was hot but the food wasn't. completely unhappy with this visit. Will never go back.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We discovered this place at the end of our week in dc/Virginia area and it was the best meal we'd had on our whole trip. So good we went back the following night! I had the burrito de spinaca without the chicken, and it quite possibly be the best burrito I've ever eaten! I wish we had a plaza azteca where I'm from, I'll be missing this food. Table side guacamole was delicious and too big to finish. Service was great first night, ok the second, but they were a lot busier he second night. Not consistent because the kids ordered the Sonora both nights and the first it had beans, second it had mashed potatoes in it! Whatever, they were both delicious. Make sure they bring out the white salsa too, it's weird but good.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Extensive menu. Food tasted very good and was quite reasonable. Had a "heavy use" kind of feel to the place. Our bench rocked sideways -- soemthing they could easily fix. Server was courteous and efficient.

1  Thank CrazyAboutAcadia