“Wonderful Family Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Charleston, SC
“Wonderful Family Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a family vacation to Colonial Williamsburg. The facility was beautiful with modern decor. The pool and hot tub were great and we used them every day. We used the game room, fitness center and complimentary breakfast each day. The breakfast was good and plentiful. I was traveling with a child with food allergies and the staff was very accomodating by letting me ready ingredients and labels to ensure a safe breakfast for her. The room was a little small for a "suite" but it was clean. The queen beds were soft and comfortable. The pull out cough mattress was very uncomfortable but when I reported it to the front desk they gave me a padded mattress cover and made it much better. Miriam and Peter were fantastic and very focused on customer service. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shuleran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Fort Washington, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Enjoyed our overnight stay here. Bed comfortable with lots of pillows. Wonderful decoration. Lobby beautifully decorated. Spacious rooms. Didn't enjoy Sunday breakfast at 0630.Biscuits and sausage gravy were still cold. No eggs were ready. We didn't wait around for food to heat up because we were checking out. We so wanted a good hot breakfast before leaving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank morganeam
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our daughter and 2 grandsons. The staff was very accomodating and booked two adjoining rooms. Wonderful decor, spacious and comfortable rooms, great location. We loved it. The pool has too much chlorine but is fine and the boys loved the game room. Wifi worked great. The best place we have stayed on this trip.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sascanlan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The place is new, modern and very clean. Awesome colors are black white and red. Looms great! Sweet pool with colored lights. Comfy beds. Safe location. And HONEST STAFF: we left our tablet in our room and then flew out of state. A housekeeper found it, turned it in and then they mailed it to us. You can't get better service than that! I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Natalie00007
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very modern in their decor and paint schemes which is very pleasing to the eyes. I wish I got to meet the independent owner for this hotel as he was very accommodating to my situation. Due to a weather issue I had to reschedule my stay for the following day, of course the there is an on line policy that allows for a $100 change fee. I'm not the richest person so that would have really put me in a bind financially, but with his assistance, and me being loyal choice privilege member of over 7 years, he wrote that few off as long as I promised to put in a good word for him. I truly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jlix430
Seaford, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

So there are many reviews on here of veryixdd feelings about this hotel . I went back and forth and decided to try, I wish I would have booked the Hampton inn or Marriott . First of all the good things
1. Large room space
2. The ability to fit many people in a room.
3. Plenty of pillows
4. Workout center
5. The pool and plenty of towels
6. Great parking
The bad
I walk in to check in the woman at the desk, who looked like she worked hard all day with her shirt half pulled out and pizza stains all over it acted like I was bothering her. She didn't greet me. She asked for my triple a card and my cc. Just not a food thing when walking in for the first time. We went up to our room and yes it was huge room.Then the negative things started to happen:
1. We were over a smoking area outside and our room filled up with smoke.. I called downstairs and we figured smoke was coming in through the ac. The woman at the desk had the people moved but we were stuck there the whole night since there were no other rooms. She says it happens a lot ( nice right )
2. There was food in the fridge hat wasn't mine !gross
3. Toothpaste all over the sides of the sink from the previous occupant.
4. Cheap furniture that was falling apart
5. The breakfast was really nothing we great.. Just waffles , some cereals. We opted for Cracker Barrel across the street...
6. The unkept workout room
7. The hard beds
The next morning the woman at the desk was so much nicer and had our room moved.
The decor is different.. Service is back and fourth. Nothing about our checkout times was told to us. Really do yourself a favor and look for another hotel. It just seemed like a really unfriendly hotel.
Way overpriced for a Friday night -$171for what we got July 6 and the nightly cost was $117 until when we left July 9.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank autumrhythm
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ended up staying at this hotel after the one we had intended to stay at didn't work out. This hotel was beautiful and the staff was very friendly. We had a slight issue with the first room we were in and we were immediately moved without any problems. The breakfast was delicious. Everyone we spoke to at the front desk was wonderful and friendly and we spoke to a few housekeepers and they were all equally as friendly. We had a fun time in the game room on rainy days as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple