“Comfortable, plus great location...”

Comfort Suites Bypass
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Delaware
“Comfortable, plus great location...”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was comfortable. Check-in was easy. We got a room with 2 queen beds and it was on the first floor. It was kind of tight for our family of four, but definitely was ok for 3 days touring Colonial Williamsburg. Beds were really comfy, but the tiny square pillows were so... weird. Comfy, but way small. The bathroom was clean, but the towels were rough.

We left our room one morning and came back at 2:30 but our room hadn't been cleaned, although our towels were taken. My husband had to go request a towel for me to use to dry my hands with. So, we ended up sitting in the lobby for 15 mins while our room was cleaned. That was annoying. Not a deal breaker, but needed to be mentioned. The water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water. They should probably invest in some kind of hall tree or coat rack, as there are no hooks to hang coats/jackets. The air unit is loud...my 10 year old mentioned it and I had to agree.

The free hot cocoa and coffee in the lobby is a great perk...especially coming in from a rainy day. My tweens enjoyed this drink station a lot. Breakfast was your standard fare. The waffles were pretty good.

The pool area was extremely hot if you aren't swimming. If you are just sitting there watching your kids, dress for the tropics--shorts and a tee! :-)

Overall, we'd return. It's very, very close to the visitors center...literally took 5 mins driving to get to the parking lot. The hotel felt safe and comfortable for my family.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MagMagoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Collingswood, New Jersey
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

My partner, child, and I stayed here for three nights at the end of March for a family vacation. We visited Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, and Jamestowne. The hotel is very modern and new, which we liked. The rooms are large, the hotel has a nice indoor pool and spa, and offers a nice free breakfast, which is a great value.

There was one major and one minor downside to this hotel: the bedding and the furniture, respectively. The beds themselves were comfortable enough, but the bedding itself (sheets, blankets, pillowcases) was very shabby and did not make for a very good night's sleep. Also, although a new hotel, the furniture already seemed a bit tired...and I'm specifily referring to the fact that the chest of drawers never closed properly. It was minor, but over our stay, it became pretty annoying.

Other than that, everything was fine. Staff friendly, we didn't hear too much noise, good location. But, because of the let down of the bedding situation, we might try another hotel next time.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank tapdancer77
Virginia
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times while visiting Busch Gardens in 2012. Since my first encounter with a tour from one of their friendly staff, I have changed from my previous hotel of choice. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I did have one complaint the first day as children above our room were constantly running. The staff took care of that immediately and was very courteous about it. I like the variety of breakfast choices however, there is not enough space for the lines that tend to build up very quickly (but it was not a mind changer) which is understandable. It is located in walking distance from cracker barrel which my kids love for dinner as well as an all you can eat chinese buffet near the Kmart. With all that you get from the friendly service to the quality of the hotel the price is more than reasonable, and this hotel will continue to be my hotel of choice! Again great job to the friendly staff, it does make a difference!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ieesha
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel is relatively new, but poorly maintained. They do not replenish the breakfast nearly fast enough, but put it away with lightning speed when the time is up. The air hockey in the games room is has no puck, but they have not turned off the machine, and it accepts your money. Both the treadmill and the clock in the tiny exercise room stopped working when we were there. The pool is small and usually crowded. The king suite was small and not really a suite, but a room with a 2' wide glass divider between the bed and the sofa. The double queen suite was a little larger, but still very small. The pull-out sofa was undersized and extremely uncomfortable, even for a 40 lb child. We were placed in a first-floor room, next to the fitness center and opposite the game room. Needless to say, we did not get much sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank alexman1968
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great reception staff who explained how to get to Williamsburg. The hotel was a little difficult to find as it is way back from the road. The good side is that there was no road noise. Very modern lobby and very roomy room.
The drive to Williamsburg was very short. Get the coupon book for a really low rate. There is a laundry on the first floor with 2 washers and 2 dryers. Use the dryer on the right. There is also a computer on the main floor and printer is available for 5 free pages.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Raymondocanuck
Norton Shores, Michigan
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Very happy with accommodations; great staff. Only a short distance from the visitor's center where you can park and pick up an on-and-off shuttle to historic Williamsburg only minutes away. Shuttles operate until 10 pm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judith G
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We planned a romantic getaway and chose this hotel because some rooms have a hot tub right in the room (not the bathroom). We were mostly pleased with our selection. The good: the hot tub! It was big enough for both of us and worked perfectly. The room was clean and I liked the modern decor. The not so good: the bed, while big (it was a king) was not the most comfortable. However, I'd be willing to stay here again so it wasn't that bad. I was also not happy with the breakfast selection. The "egg" circles were bad and there were no other options (like hard-boiled) and the cereal selection was very limited. There were no bagels or English muffins, either. So I will keep that in mind if I stay here again. Considering that there aren't that many hotels at this price with hot tubs though, I just might go back. ;-)

Room Tip: Some king rooms have a hot tub in the corner of the room.