“Eye Popping Decor”

Comfort Suites Bypass
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Red, black, silver and Oriental? We picked this hotel from the good reviews here on Tripadvisor and they were honest and accurate. The color combo and theme were never mentioned so maybe other travelers didn't gasp when they entered the lobby BUT we did! We just weren't prepared for the very modern "look". I booked by prepaying on line so our rate was fantastic and check in was trouble free. The staff were attentive and helpful, the breakfast area was well stocked, our room was large and very comfortable. While we were there in Williamsburg, it snowed so we made a point to enjoy the hot tub area with the large glass windows that gave us a view of the lovely falling snow! This is a top notch hotel and we will return again if possible.

Room Tip: the top floor (4th) was quiet and low traffic
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gogators52
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Bypass

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here at this for New Years Eve and we werent here for a long period of time but it was a nice experience overall! The room was nice and clean, very modern and spacious! I would recommend this hotel for any length of stay!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monjay40
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a nice newer hotel. We had a spacious room with two beds and a sofa with a bed. The beds were comfortable. Room was clean. They had a nice breakfast bar with good selection including waffles, eggs, sausage links, donuts, cereal, fruit, muffins. Friendly and efficient staff. Close to all attractions. Good value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carol D
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a fairly new hotel in a good location in Williamsburg. The size of the suite we booked was very large and hard to find. We had a pull out, two queens and a separate bedroom with a King. This allowed each child to have a bed and my husband and I to have privacy and space. Since we were travelling at Christmas, I did not want our sleep to suffer and cause hard feelings about being away from home. The price was very reasonable because of the time of year. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was adequate, but not luxurious. It has a large amount of space for the morning breakfast. The front desk was helpful and friendly.

The decor is the most distinct thing about this hotel. It is modern pushed to the point where it is almost ugly, and I like contemporary decor. It has an industrial feel with bold contrasting patterns and color. It misses cutting edge and tends towards tacky. Maybe it is the setting of Williamsburg that makes it seem odd. This did not cause me to regret staying here, but it would be a tie breaker if I was choosing between this one and another with similar attributes.

2  Thank delmarvamom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Comfort Suites has not been a brand on my radar for several years but based on past reviews and the price, our family opted to stay here for several nights while visiting the Williamsburg area. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate and what we expected. The kids loved the chocolate waffle batter a treat! Pool area smelled very strongly of chlorine - much stronger than normal - to the point where I needed to leave the area for fresh air. The room itself was large with plenty of space to spread out. Very convenient to Colonial Williamsburg. It was very quiet, which was very important to us. Overall, a very good experience.

Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank MMJ01
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My friend and I stayed here this past weekend with our kids and we really enjoyed our stay. The room was comfortable and clean and the hotel was clean as well! We checked in about 9pm. Quick and easy check in, front desk clerk was very polite and friendly! Our room was nice and clean. Had everything we needed. Girls wanted to go swimming so we went down and let them swim for an hour. The girls enjoyed the pool very much! My friend and I got in the hot tub and it was great! They had towels we could use as well down at the pool. Beds were very comfortable, the pillows weren't very comfy, but they were hotel pillows so I guess its expected. My daughter slept on the pull out couch, had no problems sleeping on it. Shower was hot and great pressure. Breakfast in the morning was the normal fare. Belgian waffles, bagels pastries, cereal, etc. Also finding this hotel was very easy as well, right next to a Golden Corral. Check was fast and easy as well. All in all I really enjoyed my stay here, will def stay here again.

1  Thank jiwdurando
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We just stayed at this hotel while visiting Busch Gardens Christmas Town (well worth the crowds). Hotel is new. We stayed in the two "bedroom" suite, which is actually one large bedroom with a door that separates it from the rest of the suite, which had two queen size beds and a sleeper sofa. Plenty of room for 5 of us, and the price was very reasonable. Breakfast was standard continental style, including waffles and a nice treat for the kids-chocolate waffles. Pool and hot-tub were pretty much the norm for a hotel this size. Overall great value for the price and compared to others. Very friendly staff and cooperative. If using your Tom Tom to get there, I had a little trouble finding it. If you find the Golden Corral, it's in teh same parking lot. Only complaint I have is that like so many hotels, the heat/ac unit is located under the window-standard, but they tend to be loud and constantly cycle on and off.

1  Thank Rob S