“Probably not the best pancake house”

Astronomical Pancake and Waffle House
Order Online
Ranked #72 of 451 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We picked this pancake house to go to out of the tons we saw in Williamsburg because I liked the name and there was a “chocolate insanity pancake” on the menu. My mom got the chocolate insanity pancake and was disappointed by the dinky scoops of ice cream on top. Without those it is just chocolate chip pancakes. My cinnamon swirl pancake was much better and tasted like a cinnamon roll. The pancakes a huge and the prices are great, but I suspect this is not the best pancake house in Williamsburg.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (741)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Oh my gosh. The pancakes are huge! I had the very berry pancakes. You get two pancakes. I ate about one fourth of it. The berry were fresh and covered the top of the pancake.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The pancakes really are huge; they cover the entire plate. A standard portion is 2 pancakes but you can order a half portion. Can't speak to the waffles. Pancakes were very good although my wife thought they were a bit undercooked. Extra bacon was good. My son had the hungry man breakfast; grits were just okay

So food is very good but not great. Portions are huge. I got 3 breakfasts total and my wife got 4 total out of our orders.

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

We’ve been here several years ago and the food is just as good as it was back then. I had the buttermilk pancakes and my husband had the blueberry pancakes. They were busy and for the most part they were pretty attentive considering how busy they were. Considering the size of the pancakes I feel the price is reasonable. I would certainly go again.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

The food was awesome and the wait staff was very attentive to the customer. Only tip is GO IN HUNGRY!!! you get your monies worth!!!

Date of visit: August 2019