“Astronomical is right!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Astronomical Pancake and Waffle House
Ranked #62 of 381 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orangeburg, NY
“Astronomical is right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

When we first came in, we saw a customer eating what we thought was an entire pie. It turns out that was a pancake! I had to try it and ordered the bacon pancakes, which had bacon pieces mixed into the batter and was topped off with two more strips of bacon. I got two pancakes the full size of a dinner plate, and came served with both regular and sweet butter and warm maple syrup. Sugar free syrup is also available on request. My wife opted for the Greek omelette, which came with grits or home fries and toast. Both of our dishes were excellent, and special props to our server, Wilma, who was sweet and friendly throughout the busy morning. I got a little past halfway on my pancakes, but had to stop as I had a long drive ahead of me and was worried about going into a food coma.

Visited November 2012

Virginia
“HUGE portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I read the reviews and we still each ordered our own plates. I should have shared with my 10yo daughter, as we were each only able to eat half. The pancakes were great and my teenage boys finished their entire waffles. Of course, being teenage boys, they are bottomless pits... my younger even had a side of bacon. My husband could not not finish his southwestern omelet and home fries because there was just so much food on his plate.

One thing he'd like to mention is that his omelet was not very salty, which is a pleasant surprise these days. Usually restaurants add too much salt for our taste. My husband added a teeny bit of salt and said it was perfect. Our waitress was kind and polite, and we always had everything we needed. We will eat here again someday when we return.

• Visited November 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Breakfast Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Usual pancake fare. So many pancakes houses along Richmond road and they all have basically the same thing.

Visited November 2012
Pueblo, Colorado
“Monster sized pancakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Are you hungry? Well this is the place for you. The pancakes are fabulous! We had a large party and we all ordered something different and tried each others food. Everything was excellent. There was so much food none of could eat it all. The blueberry pancakes had blueberries that burst in your mouth when you bit into them. And the cinnamon swirl pancakes are decadent. One other note when we were checking out the cashier was very pleasant and provided us with coupons to another restaurant associated with this one. Low and behold we stopped by the recommended restaurant to eat and she was there serving and she remembered us that was a surprise. I would definitely recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Wallace, North Carolina
“You won't believe the size of the pancakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

There are a lot of pancake places in Williamsburg and we relied on Trip Advisor reviews to make our choice. We weren't disappointed. The pancakes are monstrous! They serve two and they not only cover the plate, they spill over the side! The Berrilicious pancakes are to die for. They served them with fresh berries and I asked for some nuts and the taste was out of this world. My wife and I both thought the coffee was great too. If you're in the area, make sure you check this out. Especially if you have a big appetite.

Visited October 2012