“Excellent Breakfast!”

Victoria's Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 395 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Victoria's offers an American casual dining experience culminating over twenty five years of experience and proprietorship by Doug and Doris Bryant. Daily they oversee every aspect of Victoria's operation. Their success scotches the notion that husbands and wives shouldn't work together. Victoria's is named after a beloved family pet Holly Victoria. She was a shelter Puppy adopted from the Heritage Humane Society in 1994. Her spirit continues to provide care and support for the local shelter. Victoria's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We happily accept reservations. We have a full service bar. We are available to serve special occasions and events. When the weather is perfect we delight customers with outdoor dining in our lovely courtyard.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We happened on Victoria's--and boy are we glad we did! Outstanding breakfast! The decor of the place is great--very pleasing, and spotlessly clean and tidy. Even more important was the quality of both the food and the service. The quantity was ample and the quality was excellent. Good, fresh, extra large eggs, cooked exactly right. 4-5 strips of bacon apiece. Nice smooth and tasty grits! And, to top it all off, a lovely and pleasant waitress--right there when needed, but unobtrusive. This is handy to Colonial Williamsburg, and convenient to other parts of the city. Reasonable prices for the quality/quantity of food. Looking forward to a return trip! I could find nothing NOT to like here.

Doris B, Owner at Victoria's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! When you return to Victoria's be sure to ask for me...I want to thank you personally and give you a big hug. Our staff works really hard to please everyone and our standards are a source of continuous pride in this challenging industry.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We recently had dinner at Victoria's and we were impressed by the friendliness of the owner and her waitstaff. The salads and seafood were very fresh and tasty. The only issue was that they were out of one of the seafood components but they replaced that item with more of another seafood component.

Doris B, Owner at Victoria's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you. We enjoyed your visit too! The four of you were having such a great time. We always appreciate friends gathering together and relaxing while we attend to their dinner. We had fun serving breakfast the next morning to two of the girls. Looking forward to your next visit to Williamsburg and your return to Victoria's....one of your favorite three!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

After being sat, 1 waitress brought over a cup over crayons and markers for our daughter to use which was great. Unfortunately, she wasn't our waitress. Our waitress then came and took our order. They were accommodating and made chicken fingers for our daughter which wasn't on the menu. There is not much of a kid's menu on Sundays.
Our waitress never stopped at our table after we got our food. She was too busy walking by us to see the normal customers and make sure their needs were met. She finally stopped after noticing my cup was empty and placed near the end of the table waiting for a refill for over half of my meal. We asked for the check when she asked about the refill. She said yes, but then delivered drinks to other tables and even walked by us to drop off checks to the regulars before stopping back to drop ours off.

If you are a visitor to the area, I would not recommend going to this place since you are not welcome. We even watched another couple that was sat and then sat there waiting for a waitress to serve them.

The food was adequate. Probably a good breakfast place, but we were in the mood for lunch food.

Doris B, Owner at Victoria's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

I am so sorry you did not feel welcomed at Victoria's. We try to reach out to everyone's needs. Sunday's menu is streamlined for brunch items and breakfast for the entire day. We hope if you return to the area you will give us a second chance to show you our true hospitality.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My daughter and I stopped into Victoria’s for breakfast. The menu was extensive with such things as eggs Benedict with a soft shell crab or lump crab meat or crab cake. They also had a seafood omelet. My daughter had the pancakes and I had the regular eggs Benedict with sugar cured ham, home fries, and stewed apples. I get nervous when ordering eggs Benedict in a restaurant, because they are easy to mess up. These were perfect! Great hollandaise sauce and perfectly cooked eggs. My daughter’s pancakes were also fantastic. Can’t wait for another excuse to head to Williamsburg to try their lunch or dinner menu.

Doris B, Owner at Victoria's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you. We are appreciate you wonderful comments and your time posting such a nice review.
See you soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I just had the worst mothers day meal at Victoria's . The crab cake was almost all filler the crab soup was watered down celery soup with a few pieces of shredded crab in a tiny little cup...

Doris B, Owner at Victoria's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

I cannot respond to this unhappy customer. We were not made aware of their unpleasant Mother's Day Lunch. Tripadvisor alerted us to their review or comments.

In defense of Victoria's I must say we are unable to correct our mistakes unless a customer brings them to our attention immediately during their visit.

We served over 359 guest for breakfast and lunch on Mother's Day (3-13-12) The great majority of our guest were very pleased with our stand fare.

We are consistently prepared to feed 300 guest every Sunday. We have an amazing following. Our customers are forever complementing our quality. Furthermore they do not hesitate to let us know when something is not perfect. They know us inside and out. I do regret that the reviewer was unhappy. Communication is the key to everyone's success.