“Terrific food and outdoor seating”
Review of The Corner Pocket

The Corner Pocket
Ranked #90 of 411 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The food here is way, way better than you might imagine if you just drive past. Their reuben is made with home-made corned beef, and specially-made russian dressing. The sweet potato fries are to die for (ask for a little side of russian dressing to dip them in). The cuban pork sandwich is way better than it should be in a place without a cuban name. And the portions are so large, they can be shared, or taken home for lunch the next day.

2  Thank anchaesposa

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I can't remember the last time something tasted so good from the first bite that I had to share it with all the people at my table... I had the Island salad, if I remember the name right... It was the juicy, well-spiced blackened chicken that had me wide-eyed in disbelief. "Blackened" at a restaurant can be dry and bland, but this was the perfect mix. Add to this the friendly service we received, which included a made-to-order recipe for my friend who has strict dietary needs, means I will definitely be back. Thanks, Corner Pocket for the wonderful experience!

1  Thank Cheryl7877
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Dropped in here for a late lunch. Food is excellent as is the service. Very family friendly and reasonably priced.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

What this country needs is more pubs. This is the closest to a European pub we have found. Everyone knows us by first name from the chef to the owner to the bus boy. Food is eclectic and the daily specials keep all from wearing thin. I go by every New Years and tip the chef.

1  Thank Gilbert F
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Spending a week in Williamsburg (As a tourist), it's easy to get a little "Colonial-ed out" and we really wanted a bit more sophisticated of a meal (Yes, the colonists did eat a lot of bread, corn and meat, but I don't have to.), and everyone enjoyed the food and diversion offered here.

1  Thank Greg P