“Great lunch spot for kids”
Review of Retro's Good Eats

Retro's Good Eats
Ranked #78 of 396 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Description: Fast – Delicious – Affordable. Signature items include french fries cut fresh daily, and real dairy custard, frozen on site daily. Said to have the best hot dogs in town, one can load up with a choice of fourteen toppings which, in addition to the old standards, include blue cheese cole slaw and sweet potato mustard! With cheeseburgers, BBQ, our grilled chicken sandwich (think State Fair) and fresh salads, there is something here to please everyone in your group!
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nothing fancy here, but the kids and I all enjoyed our lunch at Retros. I had the blue plate special which was a nice change. Cute and casual atmosphere was just what we were looking for after touring Williamsburg for a second day.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Nothing fancy, but very good hamburgs. They were juicy and tasty. The decor is reminisent of an old 60s style diner.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Take a step back to a "50's" diner Good choices. Grilled chicken and hamburgers many different ways . Homemade meatloaf Great Rootbeer and lemonade

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I were looking for something simple, quick, and cheap to fuel the second half of our day in the "historic area" of Williamsburg. We headed to this place (on foot), which is just past the western edge of the historic area, and had burgers, onion rings and a root beer float. I do not in any way mean it as an insult, but I found the food to be about as good as I usually find at a well run Wendy's. In fact, I think I like the hamburgers better at Wendy's. Retro's served its purpose on our day at Williamsburg, but it is not a place that I would return to just for the food.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We just returned to our favorite hometown retro diner/soft-serve ice cream shop after being away in Chincoteague for a week, and confirmed our view that Retro's chocolate custard is the best we've eaten. The vanilla custard is also wonderful. Still, while we had vanilla soft serve that was nearly as good elsewhere, no other place we tried had chocolate that was as creamy and richly flavored as Retro's. Try the chocolate dipped cones and hot fudge if you feel like embellishing your custard. We are also fans of Retro's hamburgers (especially the bacon cheeseburger), chili, fries, and limeade. The name says it all--this little restaurant is decorated like a classic diner with aluminum chairs, formica tabletops, and lots of vintage photos of Williamsburg and delivers tasty diner-style favorites quickly. If you remember (and miss) the old lunch counter and soda fountain at the old Williamsburg Drug Store (which used to be where the Williams-Sonoma store now is), you will enjoy Retro's Good Eats.