Open today: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM

from $40.99
from $15.40
from $42.99
2,253 results
All reviews colonial williamsburg hedge maze tour guide beautiful building great tour original building colonial times patrick henry sword history weapons furnishings period life reconstruction character reproduction
Reviewed 3 days ago

This property is simply stunning. Large and impressive at every turn it provides a look at how precolonial lesders in Virginia lived. .

Reviewed 3 days ago

An interesting and informative tour. The building has been beautifully recreated. The display of weapons on the walls is most impressive as many are authentic originals from the time period.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I Visited the Governor’s Palace last week. I went right at 9:00, and no one else was there, so I got a private 1:1 tour.... I’d recommend going early! It’s a beautiful home with wonderful gardens. There is a large maze in the gardens, which was quite fun.

Reviewed 5 days ago

This is definitely on the "need to see" list. We had a pooch with us, not pets inside. So we took turns going in to this facility.

Reviewed 1 week ago

What a terrific job they do to explain and show you the living conditions and the grandeur of the wealthy in that time period. Another "Must See" at Colonial Williamsburg.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Governor's Palace is one of the star attractions at WIlliamsburg but it had been looking run down. They have recently redone the entry hall with arms display based on new research and refurbished the maze and gardens in the back. A very enjoyable tour with our guide Megan. Highly recommend it and also be sure to book the small group tour of the Carter house next door which is undergoing restoration. They show you how they research a building. Very interesting.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The tour inside the palace revealed authentic artifacts from our colonial history, showing how aristocrats lived back then. The tour guide was very informative, friendly and willing to answer all our questions. We were both impressed with the well preserved furniture and household items.
TIP: Listed separately, they also put on the ”Visit a Nation Builder” series in back of the palace, in an outdoor stage, where a person performs in the character of a figure from this time - very interesting. Put both on your list to visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The mansion is beautiful and worth a tour, but beware, I've been many times to Colonial Williamsburg and am now hearing different versions of history. The young lady on this tour said "this is just what I think" an awful lot. I certainly though this was inappropriate and not on par with the mission of Colonial Williamsburg. People come to learn history, not hear the opinions of the tour guides.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Great tour at Colonial Williamsburg. Guide was friendly and informative. Palace was the best place decorated from the era on property.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I enjoyed touring the building and grounds. I was quite surprised by the colors inside the building. They were much brighter than I expected. The tour guides were very nice and answered question. You walked through at your own pace.