“Always fun”

Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Ranked #19 of 101 things to do in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take your family to a place where fun comes naturally, Williamsburg, Virginia, home to Busch Gardens® and Water Country USA. Challenge one of Busch Gardens’ seven world-class coasters or discover family fun playing at Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™ and Land of the Dragons®. Water Country USA®, Virginia’s largest water park, is just three miles west of Busch Gardens and features state-of-the-art water rides and resort-style amenities. Guests are in for an epic journey on the park’s wildest family thrill slide, Colossal Curl™. True to its name, this mega water slide will deliver a high-adrenaline, family-friendly, action-packed adventure.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We are pass members so we go often and it never dissapoints us. Hall-O-Scream has become a yearly event for us. The staff is always so nice

Write a ReviewReviews (7,365)
All reviews
in 74 reviews
"great coasters"
in 74 reviews

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Traveled here on business for a conference over a long weekend stay. Brought along the family. It was a fun amusement park that kept each of my family members entertained. My kids ages 2, 9, and 13 all enjoyed visiting the park. This was a special time of year for the park since it was October and they have the scary, haunted activities going on. Great for a weekend trip.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have been going to Busch Gardens for about 32 years now. I can say it has definitely changed. Some for the good and some not so good. I miss the brewery tour the most because it was something we did every trip and had nothing to do with drinking since at the time I was a child. September 29th we took our granddaughters for their first trip. It was a blast. They laughed and giggled on all the rides ... itnaurprised me that at 2 and 4 years old there was no fear but it was great because there was no fussing just two little people wanting to ride everything.

When we go without the children we also have a good time .... it is nice place to walk and people watch. The rollerncoasters are fun. The Castle was a bit disappointing and the food not so great but keep it simple and you can have a wonderful day.

I have a 2 year pass and so all trips are when it cools down a little and crowds are a bit lighter so that I don't feel the pressure of long lines and the rudeness that crowds of people can produce.

I do wish they had a fast pass more like Disney where it is a time and not an extra chunk of money but hey it is a business and that is the purpose!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg with wife, 2 adult children and son in law. Weather was perfect and crowds were not too bad. Minimal waits in ride lines. Actually rode Apollo's Chariot twice in a row without getting off because there was no line. Kids loved the Griffin and Verbolten and Apollo's Chariot. Apollo's is very smooth. Riding on the left side is slightly scarier than the right side because of the perspective. I thought Verbolten could have used a little bigger head rest. My head kept missing the back and I had a headache by the end of the ride. The food is pricey like all parks, but they gave you a big serving. We didn't stay for the Hallo scream stuff, but the decorations were pretty scary. I thought they were cool. Really little kids might be scared. The park is fairly spread out so wear comfortable waliking shoes. All in all it was a really fun day.

1  Thank CWO4Tim