“Wonderful Hotel & Service”

Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Williamsburg-Central
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed February 28, 2010

This was our first stay at this location. The hotel is fairly new and is beautiful. Upon arrival, staff was very friendly and welcoming and this continued throughout our stay. The rooms were so different from other Hampton Inn's. They had nice touches such as noiseless vents in the bathrooms, silestone vanity tops and window sills and great showers. Each light switch included a small night light. Overall, our floor was quiet. The breakfast area is large and had many selections and coffee and tea was always available. If we had one issue it was the quality of their paper products. We finally bought a box of puffs for our room.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank traveler4md
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stopped in Wiliamsburg for one night and stayed at the Hampton Inn on Bypass Road - great value compared to other similar hotels where we've stayed in Wiliamsburg. The rooms are LARGE, and as others have mentioned the hotel is very new. The decor is modern and tasteful. The rooms come with a microwave and refrigerator, which would be very convenient if we were staying for multiple days. The staff was very friendly, and a simple hot breakfast was included with the room. I'm sure we'll be back again...

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cweis
Reviewed November 7, 2009

We stayed here previously in May and loved this Hampton. SO close to the historic area and right on Rt. 60 (Richmond Road). Brand-spanking new. Paid a great price and got a suite for the price of a regular room.

So we stayed here again and again got a great rate on a suite. But I have to admit this property went down a notch in my opinion...

The front desk person who checked us in was apathetic. When I asked to look over the suite before checking in, it was no problem. The room needed a good vacuuming around and especially near the corners of the room. Since no other suite was available, I said I'd take the room if she left a note for housekeeping....I also left a note in the room for housekeeping...it was never addressed or taken care of.

The next front desk person was very helpful, however, her information wasn't accurate. I asked where the closest WalMart was. She cheerfully directed me to it, however, it wasn't where she said, and we had to drive around to find it.

I agree with previous posters who complained about the noisy air conditioners. This is a brand new facility. The AC units are very noisy and either make the room really cold or rather stuffy.

There is an inside AND outside pool, which was nice. In late September the outside pool was still open. We enjoyed the hot tub - it had good jet action.

The breakfast lady was friendly and kept the area very good and neat. This Hampton did have the big nicely iced cinnamon rolls too.

My next visit to Williamsburg? I'll look a little harder at other hotels before I choose this Hampton again.

2  Thank swaninthepark
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I live in Richmond, went to school at W&M, and I spend a lot of time in Williamsburg. I needed to stay the night for a meeting at 8am on campus. I chose this hotel because I'm a Hilton Honors member and because of the low price. My experience was excellent. I will definitely use this hotel again. My room and bathroom were both spotless. The bed and linens were very comfortable, soft, and crisp white. The TV was excellent. The hotel was very quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was plenty of parking. If you are visiting the colonial area, this hotel is approximately a 5 minute drive. For this trip, I was more interested in price than location, so this was perfect. I would definitely recommend this for business travelers. I will make sure my co-workers use this hotel from now on. This was my first stay at a Hampton Inn, and it exceeded my expectations. The quality was consistent with my excellent experience with the Hilton chain of hotels. I highly recommend this one!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank cheers-to-travel
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I would recomend this to anyone. We were going to stay in another hotel close by, but that room had an odor. You know the kind of odor..where they have sprayed to cover up smoking, etc? The breakfast was nice of course... and the location is great..so close to Col. Wm'burg Visitor center. There is a Cracker Barrel located close by also.
The only slight glitch, and I am being picky.....we were given a room key that did not work. Upon returning to the lobby...we were issued another key with the standard statement..."No Problem" I do not like this..as it appears I have caused a problem? In top notch facilities, a desk clerk will oftern come with you to be sure the key card works.

2  Thank georgiagull
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Stayed 3 nights October 15 - 17. This was a typical Hampton Inn stay for us - excellent in all categories. If I were to offer anything negative it would be that clean-up in the breakfast room could be more timely.
I must editorialize, however, on the oxterior of the property. The Comfort Inn next door has a large colorful sign that dwarfs that of Hamption, which is smaller, light blue and is set farther back from the road. There are no street lights to help a traveler find the main drive into the property, so it's easy to miss unless one is very careful. Also, there is a large brick planter in the middle of the main drive into the property. This is a stupid design flaw and a major safety hazzard.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank wasahoosier
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I can't believe that Trip Advisor is giving this hotel only 2 stars; it is at least a 3 or more. The hotel itself is sparkling clean & new, having just opened in the Spring & is reflected in the decor throughout - bedding, bed, accoutrements, flat screen tv, granite countertops in bathroom & windowsills. It is in an ideal location for visiting Williamburg - easy to find & (if you drive slow) maybe a 10 minute drive to the Visitor Center - the heart of the Williamsburg stage. The breakfast was a step above the usual continetal, with sausage & different style of eggs each day as well as all the other foods at many continental breakfasts. The young lady in charge of it was continually running around, filling anything that got low & cleaning off the tables. Other than the rain we had, it was a wonderful experience I definitely HIGHLY recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank 59ers