“Great hotel with great value”

Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Williamsburg-Central
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night while attending an event in Williamsburg. As a well traveled person who prefers and often stays in 5 star hotels, I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It is new and very clean. My room was huge with kitchenette, living area, great desk with easy and free internet, comfy bed, great dressing area and fine bathroom. And now for the details. The kitchenette contained a small frig, MW, coffee pot and bar sink all configured in a long counter made of granite. There was ample storage for food, etc so a traveler with a longer stay should be happy. The desk had a very comfortable chair for working and good lighting. This hotel is energy efficient but the room wasn't dark. The thermostat worked great for temp control. The vanity was also granite with lots of counter space, great lighting AND it was raised! So often inexpensive hotels have counters that are low and uncomfortable. The shower had the updated curved rod and a good shower head. No problems with water pressure or temperature. The decor was CLEAN and tasteful. I was extremely happy with the room AND I only paid $76 + tax!!! I've paid 3 times that for places not nearly as nice.

This hotel is located on the "Bypass" road off Richmond Rd in Wmsburg. So if you're looking to be within walking distance to the colonial area or the college, this is not your place. But if you just need a great spot to bunk while in Wmsburg, check this out and save some money.

Often we will stay at the Wmsburg Lodge or even the Inn so we are within walking distance to things. But this hotel will stay at the top of my list for those times when we are in town and don't care about close proximity. Even driving, it's only a few minutes from the colonial area.

And before I leave you....the staff was great. They offer breakfast but I didn't partake so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger "square" rooms shown on the floor plans. Rooms at the back of t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank dogwoodlady
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed January 8, 2012

This hotel is located close to Colonial Williamsburg and many restaurants. The hotel was running a special winter price and the suite was the same price as the room.The people who were on the desk at two different times were very helpful and friendly as were the staff in the breakfast area. Breakfast foods were not hot enough, but a microwave was available to heat them up. They had a good variety of foods, from cereals to omelets. Our room was very clean and the bed comfortable. It was quiet.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank sampsonRichmond
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We were going to Williamsburg for a New Eve celebration and we decide we would stay overnight to avoid the drive home. This hotel is located right on the by-pass road not far from the historical district and conveniently located to numerous restaurants. The hotel is fairly new, I booked a standard room but since we are Hilton Honors members they upgraded us to a very nice suite. The pool and hot tub are inside and were not being used, the exercise room is a little small. Not a luxury hotel but a very good one for the money. The prior reviews said the service had slipped but since we had never stayed her before we found the service more than adequate, the next time we need to stay in Williamsburg we will surely stay here again.

1  Thank NNWSLARRY
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I have returned to Williamsburg several times a year for the past 25 years. We have stayed at many different hotels, but for the past several years we have chosen the Hampton inn Central for many reasons. Since it has opened, and particularly this past time we have noticed a subtle but steady decline in service, hospitality and mechanical issues. The hotel is always clean, but I think I should be able to count on that, and the location is good. There was nothing major, but still there was a noticable decline. I know the quality of most of the hotels in the area is not that great unless you pay a premium to stay in one of Colonial Williamsburgs better hotels , so being pretty good , as well as newer, places them at the top of the local chains. The biggest complaint was the fact that the elevators were not working when we checked in and no one even suggested that they would help us with getting our luggage to the 5th floor. I think given my husbands age it would have been a nice offer especially since they are in the hospitality business. He probably wouldnt have accepted anyway;)

Room Tip: I always choose upper floor away from elevator if possible
3  Thank smokygal
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at the Williamsburg Hampton Inn on Bypass Road on December 31, 2011. We stayed in a king room on the first floor. Our room was very clean and quiet. The room was immaculate and the bathroom spotless. The bed was very comfortable. We were just down the hall from the front desk but we never heard any noise from the hall way. Breakfast was above average for a Hampton Inn with hot ham & eggs as well as fresh made waffles. I would recommend for anyone visiting the area. The only reason I’m not giving five stars is that seating is limited in the breakfast area – go early.

1  Thank 1967foodie
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We made our way to Busch Gardens and this was an ideal location for this visit. The rooms were great, the staff friendly, and a nice complimentary breakfast. I was well pleased with this hotel. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Joshua S
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This was once of the nicer hotels I have stayed at. Clean, close to tourist locations, friendly staff, suggested some great restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family