“OLETA**PERFECT**EXCELLENT A+ 5 GOLDEN STARS”

Oleta Tour & Travel, Inc.
Ranked #4 of 23 Tours in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Family Owned & Operated, offering group or individual packaged tours to Jamestown, Yorktown and Washington DC. Ask about our Holiday Lights Tour available Thanksgiving thru New Year's! Charter Transportation for groups visiting or holding conferences in area. With 8 coaches, 3 SUVs & 1 Minibus in our fleet, Oleta is large enough to serve all your needs and small enough to offer personal one on one service.
Reviewed June 22, 2017

First off I must say, I sent many , many e-mail correspondence to Oleta asking them for specific information and recommendations trying to put together my Williamsburg & DC trip for my family. After many e-mail correspondence with Howard and Matt, they were extremely helpful and answered all of my questions. I thought at one point that I may not receive any more responses from them, due to the complexity of my trip I was trying to put together, it took a bit of imagination and facts to put it all together, but I must say this family was the most diligent with aiding me with this venue.
I utilized Oleta's airport shuttle services to pick us up at Norfolk Airport,and within minutes from departing the plane, I received a call from Oleta, It was Kieth our shuttle driver advising me he was out front curb side of the baggage claim carousel, and then followed by a phone call from Howard making sure everything was ok. Kieth was very pleasant, personable, and friendly in every way. We loaded our luggage with his help, into this beautiful Chevy Suburban, that was unbelievably clean, new and very comfortable, this was very noticeable, and appreciated, so much so, both my wife and my daughter took note of this. Kieth was pleasant to talk to, and drove very admirably, correct and was not driving in any manner that would cause my wife to get car sick, it was a great experience,and were dropped off at the Williamsburg Lodge in a timely manner.
Our first ride was on Tuesday with Matt, for a Historic Triangle Tour. We met at the specified place at K-Mart parking lot. We see this beautiful coach pulling up,and we were like "WOW" this thing is awesome, big and sparkling clean. We were able to obtain front row seats,as to help alleviate my wife's motion sickness.
Matt was FANTASTIC, and made a lasting first impression with us. Matt was absolutely perfect, he was very informative,pleasant to talk to,and was very accommodating to all the passengers.Matt proceeded with an overview of our day. What was one of the most noteworthy impressions was his driving characteristics, he piloted the coach like a BOSS,very professional,very fluid in his movements, drove with confidence and courtesy, yet navigated with offensive and defensive tactics that were orchestrated very well, I took notice of this, and what was most impressive was his ability to multitask, as he was our historian narrator also...really great stuff..!!!I I did notice also that Matt was very careful NOT to curb the wheels, nor did he strafe anything while navigating decreased radius turns I looked closely after he parallel parked the coach, and it was perfect every time.
Matt was very pleasant both Tuesday (Historic Triangle Tour) and Thursday (DC day Trip) and again was very courteous to myself,my wife and my daughter, Matt dressed comfortably/casual, and professional. Did I mention how beautiful the coach was not only the outside!!, but the inside was very very clean,fresh, and new. Matt advised us, that after James Town we would stop for lunch at a special place called Chickahominy, this Colonial era correct Tavern was just SPOT on perfect, it complimented the Colonial Tour to perfection. We just loved the colonial period food the atmosphere, the owner and staff were perfect, and the dessert,,,oh man, the dessert was so great, we could not stop talking about the sweat tea and the food, we would have eaten there several times if it were closer to Williamsburg Lodge, just loved it.
Our Thursday trip to DC was a duplicate experience,all was great,and was super pleasant. We were dropped off in DC (this was part of my many e-mails,as we were not returning to Williamsburg and were heading north to stay in DC at a different Hotel after the free museum time) and again Matt made double sure we were ok, and had a plan. He also advised me on taking the train which was nearby, but we ultimately took Uber which turned out to be a bit more convenient due to our load of luggage (we were pretty tired, and had too much luggage to carry that distance to the train station)
We would, without a doubt ride along with Oleta again.

2  Thank ShanFlyer
in 4 reviews
"wonderful company"
"nation's capital"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"dropped off"
in 6 reviews
"historic triangle"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 9, 2017

If you have a car, you can easily visit the recreated Jamestown settlement and the museums there and at Yorktown on your own--as well as on a more leisurely, schedule. You can even add the National Park Service archeological dig at the original Jamestown settlement site, which our tour DID NOT include. The tour made for a long day, with a mediocre lunch and our guide (Matt) frequently digressing into anecdotes and personal narratives that just were not that interesting. (The couple sitting next to us fell asleep!) Instead, we would've preferred more emphasis on the area's rich history. Also, we woke up super early to meet our van at the appointed spot some distance away, a K-Mart parking lot in Williamsburg--and then, after doing so, were driven all the way back to within a mile of our hotel to pick up another couple! Why? To his credit, Matt engaged well with the two pre-teens in our group--but unless you feel the need for a structured and guided tour, you probably can do better by planning one on your own.

3  Thank Nancy M
Brian S, Director of Operations at Oleta Tour & Travel, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

God bless you,

We do apologize if you feel as though you didn't have the same great experience as many others have. Our tours might not be appealing to everyone as we do not follow a script and often times go beyond what many will find in text books, to those that decide not to fact check it might sound like myths. Due to the nature of that tour we do not dine at a 21st century restaurant but eat a Colonial style meal at a popular local establishment with a owner that usually greets all of our guests. Unfortunately your resort (at Fords Colony) is 1 mile from the main road and around 3 miles away from the closest other resort. We have a few resorts that exclusively offer our tours and those that do we try to pick up at their properties when possible.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Our Tidewater Virginia Historical Society used Oleta (as we have for years)
for a bus trip to nearby New Kent County. The magninicent new bus was expertly driven
and the driver was extremely polite and helpful to all our members.This extremely professional company received an award as best small buslness in Williamsburg.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

We did the 3 day "Our American Story" tour package this past week. What a treat we had with Oleta tours! The first day we visited Jamestowne and Yorktown and ate lunch at the Old Chickahominy House (great locally sourced colonial food). The next day was Monticello and Richmond with our lunch stop at Michie Tavern (a great choice for authentic southern food). The final day was D.C. It was a long day but so worth it to get a taste of all that is in our capital. Our guide, Matt, shared his great knowledge, information and his love of history while just generally taking wonderful care of us on all three days of the tour. I would recommend them to anyone (and did just that to some at our hotel breakfast the next day).

See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2017

I wanted to say thank you to your company and especially for assigning Alonzo as our driver to D.C. Tuesday. Words cannot express my appreciation for him. He was amazing. My wife and kids had always wanted to tour D.C. My daughter graduated from high school last week and asked to visit Williamsburg. Her and my wife wanted to visit D.C., but I told them I wanted to do a tour and not drive ourselves. We chose to rent the Executive SUV instead of doing the bus tour so we would have more flexibility. Your company came to the rescue and Alonzo truly was a God send. He was so kind and patient to help us know what to see, how to go about it and how long to take. We got to see everything we wanted and more than we ever suspected we would get to see in one day. It's always a little nerve racking to meet new people, but not Alonzo. He made you feel comfortable from the beginning. He was actually like family by the end of the day. Amarillo Texas to Williamsburg is a long way - we weren't disappointed. I would travel back just to see Alonzo again. You have a wonderful employee - but I'm guessing you already know this. Thank you again - I would definitely recommend your company and Alonzo!!!

1  Thank Randy M