“Dirty and disappointing”

Super 8 Williamsburg Pottery
Ranked #71 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Although the staff here are pleasant, the rooms are antiquated and dirty. One of the beds in the room had stained sheets full of hair and the other was barely any better. Neither the bathtub nor the sink drained. When we called down to the desk to ask for help with the clogged drain, a young man came up with a plunger and still couldn't fix the issue. Bathroom was dirty and the floors were really just gross. We intended to stay for two nights and barely made it through one. The only positive thing I can say about is that there are worse motels in Williamsburg, but I couldn't get out fast enough and would never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Check in for two nights was prompt and was done by a friendly staff member, Location was ok other than the train tracks behind the hotel, if train noise is a problem for you, stay either in the middle or front towards the road. The pool was closed which is no problem for me. I was given a King smoking room, upon entering I found the room clean with no bad smells. The only problem I saw was stains in the tub from maybe an old tub mat. I would have no problems what so ever staying here again

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jgladieux
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We ended up checking in late as we were travelling after a 5 hour drive from home. The place was a complete dump. The sheets were used and THIN, the room was covered in dust as it had not been used. One set of sheet in one bed was dirty adn we had to use the other bed. TV was older than I am (25 years old!) and it was not very clean at all. I would not recommend this to anyone! Pay another 25 bucks and get something much better!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ash8410
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Nice motel with good price. Staff very friendly. I will stay again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank dixm
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This has to be the absolute worst hotel may family and I have ever stayed in. We checked in and there was no pool to use "temporarily closed" , the website said nothing about the pool being closed or we would not have stayed there, (this ruined it for my daughter's part of the vacation). Too many negatives about the room to mention (receptacles in the room were half way out of the wall, the blankets were stained, only 2 sets of towels for 4 guest, and list goes on and on). All I can say about the continental breakfast is thank God there is a Hardee's next door, because the hotel only offered stale doughnuts, no juice, no toast, and nasty tasting coffee and no where to sit and eat it if you dared to eat what was offered . It is well worth the extra $$$ to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank 4Eagles
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Where to begin???? The worse hotel stay ever! We were not informed upon check-in that the pool was closed (and apparently had been for some time). We realized this immediately upon entering the parking area - we hadn't even seen our room yet. We asked for a refund...no possible. Our room had an entire wall in which none of the outlets worked - including the one in which our lamp was plugged into! Great possible safety hazard at our head all night. We needed to make a local outside call and phoned the front desk for instructions. "Just dial 9". Yea...called back to the front desk "Oh, well it worked yesterday. You can come down to the front desk to use mine." There were 2 other customers waiting to use the same phone.......and this was a surprise???!!!! Trains in the middle of the night....sounded like the walls were made of paper. Breakfast?? We wern't expecting much but there was a better selection in the vending machine! Coffe or water and mini chocolate donuts or mini muffins. The price was entirely too high for this stay. I did not feel safe or restful. I felt like I was being taken advantage of!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cdschell
Reviewed July 25, 2010

the service was terible the toilet was overflowing and when my who is handicapped called the front desk they told her to come down to the office and get a PLUNGER instead of sending someone to fix it. the beds were like sleeping on a board. our room entry door had an opening that you could see through the side. this is the worst place that i have ever stayed not to mention the train going through every half hour

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple