“Best Italian in Williamsburg, VA”

Francesco's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #9 of 390 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: NOW OFFERING DELIVERY SERVICE!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian in Williamsburg, VA”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visit Williamsburg every year and Francesco's is always our first stop for pizza upon the day of arrival. We make sure we return during the week for dinner - as we know we will be greeted by a friendly staff, the service is excellent, and the food is delicious(all fresh and made to order from an extensive menu). If your palette calls for something not found on the menu, Francesco will make it for you.
Being located in a small strip mall is not be a concern, as the newly remodeled
setting affords a very comfortable and homey setting. We have never been disappointed! Large portions, and not overpriced. Can't wait to return to see the additional expansion and renovations.

“Authentic, superb cuisine”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I'm sorry for this review being late - I made a mental note to review Francesco's, but didn't get to it until now. I visited the restaurant in late June, so I think it's still current.

I grew up in an Italian family, with some great cooks. But I don't know that I've ever had an Italian meal like this. The garlic bread was the best I've ever had, and the Manicotti Florentine was terrific - very smooth, rich, and expertly blended. Francesco is a true Italian chef (grew up in Sicily), and my meal tasted as though it was prepared by someone who put it together effortlessly.

Surprisingly, we were the only ones in the restaurant, so the service was of course prompt and responsive. The restaurant is set back from the road a bit, and isn't that striking from a distance so it's possible you'd miss it if you weren't looking for it. I only visited because I'd heard about it from a friend (same one I went with this trip). It's also a little pricy - I'm used to getting more for my money than I expect when I dine Italian. However, the quality of the food makes the price worth paying, and so if you are in Williamsburg and in the mood for Italian, I don't think you'll find a better spot. Buon appetito!

• Visited June 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“Hidden Secret”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were looking for an authentic Italian restaurant. Did a Google search and found this place. The food was well worth it. We were so glad we decided to dine here. I had the Seafood Cannelloni with pink Alfredo and she has the Pasta Di Sovranita. Hats off to the chef. Will definitely dine here again.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Excellent Food--Extraordinary Service!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This little jewel sits in a nondescript strip mall on Richmond Road. We came here for lunch, our second time at Francesco's. We were made to feel at home immediately! Very pleasant atmosphere, possible to have an intimate conversation here.
Our server, Cathy, was wonderful! She has undoubtedly helped this restaurant become the highly-rated spot that it is. Extremely likeable and knowledeable of the menu and how the chef cooks his creations. Very flexible here, too--they will make changes to suit your taste.
The food was delicious. My wife had the chicken piccata, I had the veal piccata--both were excellent. The serving size was good without going overboard. Our white wine came well chilled with a wine chiller out of the freezer. Our only regret is we didn't have room for dessert.
Prices are very reasonable.
The restrooms, by the way, were spotless!
We'll be back here many times, I'm sure!

Williamsburg, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Italian Fare”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have traveled around the world and here, in Williamsburg, is a restaurant that is truly outstanding. As a starting point, it puts all other Italian restaurants in the area to shame. Chef Francesco is nothing short of gifted - from appetizers to bread to entrees to dessert - superb. He deserves to be the recipient of an award.