“Don't miss it!”

Francesco's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #8 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Now Offering Delivery Service!
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I were in Williamsburg for a week and we ate at Francesco's because of reviews and a recommendation. It was the best Italian we have had in a long time. We had eaten at another Italian restaurant in Williamsburg and it was good, but this one is over and above in every area. We had calamari, salad, chicken cacciatore And shrimp Alfredo. All was delicious. My husband said the chicken melted in his mouth. The toasted garlic bread was the perfect accent. Pu this at the top of your list for restaurants in Williamsburg.

1  Thank Ellsworth-cakelady
There are newer reviews for Francesco's Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We live in Williamsburg and this is our favorite Italian restaurant. We visit at least monthly. My wife is addicted to the eggplant parmesan but I try something different each time we go. We LOVE it. All of the meals are very good and the service is attentive. The portions are perfect. They are in the final stages of a renovation and it's a nice change. The restaurant is cozy but you'll feel welcome as soon as you arrive. A reasonable wine list complements the menu.

1  Thank Frank F
Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was late, dark, rainy, and we were starved. Desperate, we saw the neon sign for Francesco's, stuck in a small strip mall between a rug shop going out of business and a Sherwin-Williams paint store, and pulled in. Best move of our day. Food was great, service the same, and we'll go back even if it is an hour from home. The pasta Bolognese was divine. The house salad is pretty banal, but it's not a deal-breaker.

The decor isn't wonderful, however, and the vinyl floor looks like trampled grass. But hey, we care about the food, and as long as the place is clean, so what?

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We usually avoid Italian restaurants because they tend to serve too much heavy food that leaves us feeling too full. What a surprise when we found this small, locally owned restaurant offering flavorful, healthy and authentic Italian food in portions that satisfied our appetites but left us feeling comfortable! Our server Elliot's suggestions were helpful and accurate since he really knew the menu. My vegetarian daughter was particularly pleased with the many, available vegetarian dishes. I could see why my choice, pasta sovranita, was labelled as the chef's favorite! It consisted of pieces of chicken breast, bacon, and Italian sausage, sautéed with minced garlic and sun dried tomatoes in a sweet Marsala wine, olive oil sauce over your choice of pasta, a nice slightly sweet, smoky taste, a perfect blend of flavors, served with a side salad. We finished off our dinners with the best cannoli I have ever tasted, creamy but not the overly sweet flavor usually served by restaurants. My Italian son-in-law was pleased by the authenticity of Chef Francesco's dishes, some of which I have not seen elsewhere. We look forward to trying their seafood dishes on our next visit. Since this is a small restaurant, reservations are recommended.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Francesco's was just not very good. The server got on my nerves and made us uncomfortable by continuing to return every two minutes to see if we made our decision. Sappy,fake Italian music repeats in the backround the whole meal,and makes me want to punch a wall. And the Chicken Marsala. The chicken was cooked really perfectly, but man,the Marsala was sweet. It tasted like they used a dessert wine to cook it. Anyway Francesco's was just a bad meal.

1  Thank jbiglinradek