“Great italian food !!!”

Francesco's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #8 of 387 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: NOW OFFERING DELIVERY SERVICE!
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great italian food !!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Francesco was so very special to great us and being so friendly to all his customers. Loved his
food. I will sure return to Francesco when we go back to Williamsburg.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too much cologne!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The heavy application of cologne by the host ( maitre d ? ) detracted from the aromas and taste of the food . This restaurant is a gem, and serves food that should be allowed to be appreciated fully.

Chester, Virginia
“Perfect”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I had a weekend getaway in Williamsburg, and of course, we consulted Trip Advisor before dining. This restaurant is adorable. Yes, it small and located in a strip mall, but it is charming -- decorated with family pictures of the owner/operator, Francesco. If you are looking for a romantic atmosphere, this is not your place; however, I would not want it to be any different.

The bread, salad dressing, and pasta are all home made. The bread looks like any other garlic bread, but OH MY GOD!!! It was delicious. I had the seafood cannelloni with the pink sauce. It was rich and packed with seafood. We took dessert home with us. The cannoli was perfect! Sometimes cannoli is so sweet it makes your teeth hurt, but this was perfectly sweet and divine.

“Fresh, delicious”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Just had a good experience at Francesco's. Great pasta, with care to details. Nice set up, you can forget where you are. Service was very efficient as well.

1 Thank J E H
White Stone, Virginia
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I grew up a Diplomatic-brat in Rome, Italy, so I feel I know Italian food.

This restaurant was certainly the best Italian food I have had in my area; ranging from Richmond to Fredericksburg to Virginia Beach.

Francesco is from Palermo, Sicily but his food has a national Italian theme as opposed to heavy tomato sauces common to Sicilian fare. I had the Veal Cannelloni with a portobello, gorganzola cream sauce from his new "artisan menu". Wow, was it ever rich, but I couldn't stop eating it; simply divine. My companion had a Chilean Sea Bass with Capellini pasta in a simple olive oil and diced tomato sauce, and it too was off the charts delicious and perfectly cooked. The wine list was extensive and well priced, a $30 Gavi di Gavi for example which was quite good. The food prices were also very reasonable, especially for the quality. Our bill for two entrees with wine and espresso was under $90.

The restaurant is small, but that adds to its charm. It was decorated for Christmas so perhaps that is why we didn't feel the decor was sparse as noted in other reviews.

Our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. Francesco visited with us for some time after the rush died down and was most charming.

We arrived around 7:00pm on a Friday without reservations and got the second to last table. The other tables mostly turned within the next hour, but I would recommend reservations. Lots of regulars both dining and coming in for takeout gave the feeling of being in a "locals" spot. The place was lively and friendly, very authentic Italian Trattoria feeling.

I rarely gush in my reviews, and this is the first "5" I have given, but I honestly think this restaurant deserves it.