Williamsburg Inn
Rodeway Inn Historic(Williamsburg)
Patrick Henry Inn(Williamsburg)
Econo Lodge Colonial(Williamsburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsregency roomturn down serviceterrace roomconcierge staffgolden horseshoecolonial homesbeautiful hotelluxury hotelwelcome homesouthern hospitalityseparate showerlarge roomhistoric areaduke of gloucester streetsitting areawonderful staylong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Well equipped rooms and friendly service in opulent hotel within minutes walk of Duke of Gloucester ST and Merchants Square. Free parking on site and lovely outdoor pool. Great value.
Only downsides - noisy air con and no extractor fan in bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My sister & I booked a 4-night stay at Colonial Williamsburg in search of a brief but interesting getaway. The Williamsburg Inn wasn't our original accommodation, if interested see my review of the Brick House Tavern under the "Colonial Houses Hotel" reviews. However, circumstances dictated that we would spend 2 nights at The Inn and we were well-pleased with our accommodation and hotel services.

Firstly, let me say The Inn's staff are uniformly exceptional. We travel often and have come to expect less than stellar service, even at 4- and 5-star hotels. The Inn reminds me of what quality customer service was 15 or 20 years ago. Friendly, warm, and authentic without the artificial stuffiness or pretense of many five-star hotels and resorts (i.e., The Four Seasons chain.) We were warmly greeted and offered assistance by ALL staff we encountered. Any question or request was promptly, politely and professionally addressed. From the doormen & housekeeper to the front desk manager and restaurant hostesses we were utterly impressed with the sheer quality of service.

Our room was a superior, double queen: nicely decorated in Regency-ish style, spotless, and comfortable. Three, large windows were well draped allowing lots of light in or not depending on your preference, our room overlooked a lovely garden settee and flowers in full bloom. The beds were firm & comfortable with nice linens. Ice buckets and bottled water were stocked around 5PM each day and turn-down provided or offered each night. Room amenities were as to be expected: WiFI was available but not used this visit, a lovely desk work area for those inclined, a flat screen television with full range of satellite channels and several local info stations, a large closet with safe and 4-drawer bureau provided for clothing storage. Minibar seemed well-stocked but as always over-priced.

The bathroom was modern and well-equipped: marble-tiled, (not a personal favorite but the efficient floor heaters made it tolerable), double-headed, temperature-controlled walk-in shower, double sinks, and a lovely soaking tub. The "Williamsburg Spa" shampoo, soaps, lotions, and other toiletries were nice and plentiful. The bathrobes, slippers, towels, were all as one would expect; with the now common request to conserve resources by re-using if possible.

The Inn's interior spaces are consistent with the Regency bent of the decor. Every nook and cranny has period furniture, porcelain vases, figurines, interesting photos, engravings, watercolors, etc. all lovely and very well-kept. For those who enjoy period decor it is extremely well done here, nothing kitschy or worn-looking as is sometimes the case. Inside and out we found pretty and comfortable spots to sit, relax and enjoy the view. The floral arrangements and gardens were simply beautiful.

The Inn was very busy hosting several large functions and guests on Spring Break, yet it was quiet with no hustle or bustle evident. Clientele seemed to range from young families with small, but very well-behaved children, to older retirees and apparently frequent guests.

As one would expect from such a family-oriented, historical destination there was NO night-life to speak of. The hotel bar seemed nearly empty by 9:30PM and we saw no evidence of bars or clubs in the historic parts of town. I suspect if you want an active nightlife you'd be better served in Williamsburg City or staying closer to The College of William & Mary.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed and would highly recommend The Williamsburg Inn without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank CarolJL1
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We had an amazing Presidents Day weekend stay in colonial Williamsburg. The biggest treat came from where we slept. I knew I wanted to do it up a little nicer than usual, but I was worried about the kids (7 & 6). I was right to worry. The Inn itself is really nice. Really nice. I felt everyone's blood pressure rise when the kids entered the lobby. That's cool - it's nice to have adult places. The colonial homes, however, are a very different story. You get your keys at the Inn's front desk and then you go "home". The homes are spread throughout historic Williamsburg, and most can be rented as a whole or split into up stairs and downstairs. Refinished in period style, they really get you into the colonial time-period. We took the upstairs of the David Morton House, which right next to the Capitol. We got a 4-poster bed and the kids slept in a room separated by a real hallway in a trundle bed. All had an amazing sleep. At night we strolled one block to the Shields Tavern for dinner. Here're some added benefits: free parking at your home, and you have complete access to all the Inn's facilities, which means the spa, awesome gym, and indoor pool are all yours. It wasn't cheap, but it was totally worth it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Keithcu
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at the Inn. The first time was on our honeymoon. This time with our children. This weekend was the arrival of the big snowstorm.

I cannot stress enough the fabulous service and accommodations we experienced. From the check in staff to the doormen to the restaurant staff, we truly felt like royality!

The room was fantastic. The bed felt like a dream, the bathroom was so grand, we took advantage it. They gave us REAL bottled water, not plastic bottles.

The breakfast in the Regency was phenomenal. Everything fresh and plentiful! We also ate in the Restoration Bar. The food was also super.

We enjoyed it so much we are going with my parents at the end of April. Excited.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank OleMiss4Ever
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I just spent the best weekend of my life at the Williamsburg Inn. I've stayed at the Inn 4 times since the mid 1990's and have always found it to be a top-not experience. I've stayed at luxury hotels around the world an find that the Inn offers a great value - very large rooms (compared to expensive European and Asian hotels), well decorated, and a super staff. Yes, you do pay a bit for this level of luxury, and yes, the guests are not likely to be the folks you'll see at the local amusement parks, but if you looking for a luxury experience - this is it. I'd expecially like to thank the Concierge staff - Mary and John - who went out of their way to help me out with some personal details which made the weekend a resounding success. One additional comment - it was a warm on the weekend, and the birds were chirping a bit loudly outside or my room - but it added to the romance of the weekend after we all survived a cold winter. The Williamsburg Inn is an absolute recommend in my book.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple