“This is the best and most beautiful Inn”
Review of Williamsburg Inn

Williamsburg Inn
Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Williamsburg Inn offers everything you would need for a relaxing and fun vacation. First of all the service is so terrific, you feel as if they have known you for years. The Inn, the grounds, the restaurant are so perfect. Also, the historic sites are very acsessable and so very interesting. The town of Williamsburg has fabulous restaurants! Market Squire which is a 5 minute walk from the Inn offers great shopping and food. This is a must for anyone wanting it all.

Room Tip: You have a choice to meet anyones needs. The Inn or the Lodge. Both are beautifully decorated. Cal...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maria t

Reviewed April 22, 2013

So much to say... will try to keep short & sweet. There really is a place on earth that believes in customer service way above & beyond what is expected. Leslie Noble, Manager front office operations & the staff we came in contact with deserve so much credit for any solace we had on our trip after hearing about our friends effected back home by the devastation that wreaked havoc on the city of Boston April 15th. My husband, son, Goldendoodle & I arrived at the Williamsburg Inn just after we checked out of another hotel where we had a terrible room & hospitality experience. We can only thank the Williamsburg Inn staff in so many words in this online review. We will write a formal thank you, many pages long, I am sure, to thank them properly. Thanks to this staff & their beautifully appointed Inn this is now one of our favorite places in the states. We are not strangers to travel... domestic & international & will never forget our visit here. Thank you Leslie, Mike & all staff for having us! Milton Dewhirst family

Room Tip: Did not use spa or have breakfast at hotel so can't comment. I don't think there is a bad r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank karendew
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I last stayed in a colonial house in 1978 with our children and looked forward to another good experience. It was better than we expected. The Ewing Shop is room #3028, which is 150 feet from the main entrance with parking 25 feet from the room's door. Although it is separate from the main hotel, all of the services are available. It was COLD for the two nights we were there. After dinner, a phone call to room service provided a personal visit to light the fire in the bedroom hearth.... although I cut, split and burn more than a cord of firewood at home, the fire must be lit by an employee and the room must be occupied while the fire burns. Fine with me. Our suite was maintained by "Princess" who was pleasant, fast and thorough. She made sure we had plenty of firewood too. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was nice, but chilly, and the hot water was hot. We enjoyed staying in The Ewing Shop and will request it again. It is private and quiet and well-maintained. We recommend this historic colonial lodge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JSS3
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Williamsburg Inn is a splendid historic inn. It exhudes elegance yet it is not stuffy. Southern hospitality has been mastered at this inn. We couldn't have asked for nicer staff. The rooms are beautifully decorated - we stayed in a spacious suite with an incredible bathroom. Little touches like fresh flowers and a wide assortment of luxurious bath products were well received. Breakfast in the main dining room was one of the best I've had. I strongly recommend a package that includes breakfast and tickets to Colonial Williamsburg.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Williamsburg Inn for 3 nights. At the end of our stay, I told him he could go home, I was moving in! This is absolutely the most luxurious hotel I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. The room was very large with beautiful furniture. A writing desk, sofa and two chairs, king bed, dresser, armoire for the TV, a vanity and seat in the bathroom. The bathroom was so large, had double sinks, a large shower and a giant soaking tub. Plus, a separate toilet. One thing I absolutely loved about this bathroom was that it had many storage drawers in the vanity under the sink. You didn't have to leave out all your toiletries. The room always looked neat and tidy. They provided a great bathrobe, 2 pairs of slippers, as well as a hair dryer. Plenty of towels and the usual toiletry amenities.

The hotel itself had several common rooms that were absolutely beautiful. Fireplaces and seating areas. I really wish I had more time to just curl up and read a book by the fire. I did see some people playing cards at a table and chairs in one of the rooms one evening. So welcoming.

The concierge had it's own large room with several desks and a few people to assist you. They were incredibly helpful in recommending restaurants and offering ideas of what to see and do in the area. In fact, they had menus for all restaurants in the area (bound in a book!), for you to look at to help in decision making.

There is also a pool and fitness room, although we did not visit these.

The hotel is within walking distance of everything in the town that you want to visit.

I could go on and on about my love for this hotel. We did get a fabulous deal on the price, too. 3 nights for the price of two. $287 per night. I thought it was worth every penny...or more.

I've stayed at many lovely hotels, The Plaza and Pierre in NY, Four Seasons in Philadelphia, etc, and this hotel far surpasses all of them. Perhaps it's the southern charm! The staff simply can't do enough for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank denpqk
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We spent last week at a retreat in Williamsburg and we lodged at the renowned Williamsburg Inn. It was spectacular. The staff go out of their way to insure that your every comfort is met. Alfonso the doorman is entertaining. We had dinner at Shields Tavern and it was delicious - try the apple salad. Over the last 35 years we have stayed at many of the Williamsburg Foundation hotels. It is especially fun to stay in an historical home or in the boarding house right on Duke of Gloucester street. Williamsburg is our go-to close to home getaway. We have been there every month of the year and it always is a positive, relaxing time.

Room Tip: Several years ago the hotel underwent a major renovation. All of the rooms are spacious and comfort...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank LetsGoNowOK
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Absolutely the best place to stay if you want superior service right in the heart of Colonial Williamsburg. Historical and elegant, they could not do enough for us. And being able to walk to every attraction and restaurant in the colonial village was so wonderful. Would definitely recommend this Inn to everyone.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family