We booked two rooms at the Country Inn and Suites for 5 nights this past week. Our rooms were clean, comfortable, and quiet. Location-wise, you couldn't ask for a better place. We had flex passes for the week so that we could visit all of the main attractions. The Country Inn was within 15 minutes of most of the local attractions, and about 5 to the "big 3" - Busch Gardens, Water Country, and Colonial Williamsburg.
The breakfast was really pretty good; much more than I expected for a hotel "continental breakfast". Beyond the typical bagels, toast, yogurt, and cereal, they had Belgian Waffles, a pretty good selection of danishes and donuts (Krispy Kreme...yum!) and 2 buffet style chafing dishes, which varied from day-to-day. We had, throughout the week, eggs (though "microwave-style"...the type you'd expect on a breakfast sandwich), sausage patties, bacon, french-toast, and breakfast potatoes. The big downside is that it gets CROWDED for breakfast...go early.
The pool was nice. We really only had one day where it was a little too crowded for our liking, but of course our kids didn't care. It's a pretty small hotel, so I don't expect that it gets real crowded often (there was a baseball group staying while we were there). Also, there is a toddle pool in the area as well (8-10 inches deep) which is nice for the smaller children.
Some nice extras: an on-site "lending library" with books to borrow; a "welcome bag" with info about the area, a bottle of water and a snack; lots of info around the property about local dining, attractions, etc; Fresh baked cookies at the welcome desk...on this point, I must note that I was offered cookies for everyone in my family (9 cookies in total), without the blinking of an eye. I was impressed with the hospitality of the staff, from the front desk, to the kitchen staff, and the cleaning staff...all were quite nice and thorough.
The only downside that I could really think of regarding the site is the surrounding area. There are some nice restaurants and the attractions are close, but finding a proper grocery store or department store took us a while...there aren't any real close. But there is a 7-Eleven! So, if you need anything, stop before you get to the property, or else you'll have to drive across town to pickup goods.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly & attentive staff invites you to "Be Our Guest" at the Country Inn & Suites – Williamsburg East. Let us delight you with outstanding service in a warm country setting. For your comfort & enjoyment we are pleased to offer a smoke-free family friendly facility with a seasonal outdoor pool, picnic area, video game room, fitness room, restaurant, laundry facilities, wireless internet access, library, complimentary breakfast & fresh baked cookies. Whether you are traveling on business or for pleasure our central location, just 2 miles from Busch Gardens, 1 mile from Colonial Williamsburg and close to shopping, dining & golf make us the perfect location for all that Williamsburg has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Carlson, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg East (Busch Gardens) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Williamsburg (Busch Gardens Area) Hotel Williamsburg
- Country Inn And Suites Williamsburg (Busch Gardens Area)
- Country Inn Williamsburg East
- Williamsburg Country Inn