My husband, our 4 year old and myself stayed at the hotel on Sunday June 10th and Monday June 11th. We had a good experience. We were there for the sole purpose of visiting Busch Gardens. We were about a five minute drive to the entrance to the park (on the same road as the hotel). I had read a few people on here note that the "weird egg product" on the breakfast bar was undesireable. I have to admit I tried it both mornings and I found it to be good. The first day they had eggs and sausage, the next day it was eggs and bacon. The rest of the items remained the same on the other days, fruit (bananas, melons), yogurt, oatmeal, wafflemaker, 3 cereals, bagels, bread, coffee, pastries and juices. I toasted a bagel each day and had a bacon/sausage and egg sandwich. My 4 year old ate the eggs cut up and enjoyed them along with her fruit loops and yogurt. I've stayed at hotels before where the dining area was crowded and it was not the case here. Breakfast began at 6:30 and was over at 10:00 and we were there between 8 and 8:30 both mornings and it was not overcrowded. The breakfast bar ladies were nice and chatted with my daughter. Housekeeping was friendly also. The hotel does not offer discount tickets to Busch Gardens but we had ordered them online before arriving anyway. We were on the 1st floor (which disappointed my child) but when we looked out our window we were actually not on ground level. The hotel is on a hill and I guess there is parking under the building. We parked in the regular lot beside the hotel and thought they were not busy because of the lack of cars, but I assume everyone else was in the garage. Also as we were unpacking the car we noticed a train across the road from the hotel. This in no way affected our sleeping/trip. I was concerned at first but I never once heard the train after that one time. I read up on hotels before booking this one and some places offer shuttle service to Busch Gardens. Parking is $13 a day at the park. I did not think it was worth it to have a shuttle take me to the park for the difference in the price of the hotels. We also liked having our car available so that we could go to McDonalds down the street and avoid the high park food prices for some of our meals. And on a side note, our daughter loves Sesame Street and she met a bunch of the characters while there. So if you have a little one who will be mesmerized by them, you must go! It's worth every penny. Oh and Santa is at the Yankee Candle Store on Richmond Rd year-round (call first for exact times, their website isn't reliable). He was very friendly and spent a lot of time talking with her. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Busch Gardens!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly & attentive staff invites you to "Be Our Guest" at the Country Inn & Suites – Williamsburg East. Let us delight you with outstanding service in a warm country setting. For your comfort & enjoyment we are pleased to offer a smoke-free family friendly facility with a seasonal outdoor pool, picnic area, video game room, fitness room, restaurant, laundry facilities, wireless internet access, library, complimentary breakfast & fresh baked cookies. Whether you are traveling on business or for pleasure our central location, just 2 miles from Busch Gardens, 1 mile from Colonial Williamsburg and close to shopping, dining & golf make us the perfect location for all that Williamsburg has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Carlson, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Williamsburg East (Busch Gardens) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Williamsburg (Busch Gardens Area) Hotel Williamsburg
- Country Inn And Suites Williamsburg (Busch Gardens Area)
- Country Inn Williamsburg East
- Williamsburg Country Inn