Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Williamsburg East (Busch Gardens), VA
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was traveling in the area and needed a place to stay overnight. I called and the desk person said she had one room left, and would hold it for me (my arrival was going to be 15-10 min from the time I called). Check in was quick, and nice little good bag with water bottle, grain and fruit bar, and local information was provided. Room was comfortable and clean. I was told on check in that the breakfast was fantastic--well I do beg to differ on that. There was the usual assortment of cereals, breads, waffle maker, and the hot items were a scramble egg patty-type of thing, sausage and potatoes. The fresh melon had a weird taste. Did not taste like canteloupe at all! Otherwise a perfectly fine place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
kathy_williams, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Williamsburg East (Busch Gardens), VA, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review . I remember when you called and also our conevrsation about breakfast and it really disappoints me that you didn't feel as tho our breakfast met up to your standard. We are making improvements each day to try and make everyone happy and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in August. This hotel is perfect for a families who are visiting Busch Gardens and Water Country. The suite we stayed in had a seperate room for the kids with a fold-out sofa. There were two bathrooms and the kids loved having their own bathroom. The only problem was that the hotel is rnot that clean and needs updating. The first room we stayed in was bad enough that we asked to be transferred to a cleaner room. Besides for that, it was a good experience.

2  Thank Tripaholic1
CISWilliamsburg, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Williamsburg East (Busch Gardens), VA, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thanks for the review. We absolutely love having families stay with us. I do apologize for the condition of the 1st room that we checked you into and thank you for letting us know. Of course we like to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay but we also need to know (and appreciate you letting us know) where improvements are needed. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Williamsburg Area.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Recently stayed at the Country Inn on Pocahontas Trail on 9/4-9/5 and I had to post a review to say how great this hotel is. First of all, the staff was very friendly. The desk worker gave us a welcome bag with some tourist information and something to snack on. There are also greek cookies at check-in. It was so nice to have other staff members welcome us when we saw them in the lobby and the hallways. As for the room itself, it was very clean and comfortable. The location was very safe as well. I completely enjoyed my visit to the Country Inn and would highly recommend it to everyone when staying in Williamsburg

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LSU2003MPA

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and others know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We LOVE to hear when we have succeeded in making our guests feel welcome. If you are ever in the Williamsburg area again we hope you will stay with us !!!!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

MY 12 year old son, myself with my god-sister and her two children decided to take a short vacation to Williamsburg for the kids to learn about some of the wonderful US history and enjoy Bush Gardens.
Well needless to say, that is was an EYE_OPENING Check-in. I had booked through AA.com since I am an Advantage member and paid everything in FULL....to make it an effortless check-in, even called ahead to hotel to confirm.
When we arrived form our long drive from NY only thing we wanted was to get into our room and get ready to relax at the pool before a planned dinner in the old colonial Williamsburg town.
To my surprise when my 12year old son opened the door to our room, there was a SPECIAL AMENITY in bed- A nude man..... Thanks Country Inn, but No Thanks.
I was speechless and pulled my son out of the room as quick as I possibly could. Called the front desk from a phone in another room that was being cleaned, just to be told I need to come downstairs and they may have another room for my son and I.
Than to top our trip ....the night before our departure there was a FIRE.....But no Staff in the Hotel to Advise any of the guests or to warn of the danger. Once I heard the FIRE ALARM, I called the FRONT DESK, But GUESS WHAT???????? NO ONE WAS THERE TO ANSWER. So i called my god-sister and told her to get out with the kids ASAP, Since being a licensed Drill Marshall from NYC, I knew the step to take to be safe.
WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER GUESTS ???????
Most guests ran out in sleep wear once they realized the severity of the situation.....
NO ONE WAS THERE TO DIRECT FROM THE HOTEL>>>NO ONE>>>once the fire dept. arrived and police officers,,,and cleared the situation ...THE FIRE DEPT> AND POLICE DIRECTED GUESTS to go back into the hotel......
OH MY GOD!!!!!! what else can I say....it took me till now just to be able to snap out of how awful it truly was.
Though must say that the staff, if we were lucky to see any were super friendly and rooms when cleaned were spotless.......

OH MY GOD !!!!! REALLY BAD!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SWEETANGELIKA
CISWilliamsburg, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Williamsburg East (Busch Gardens), VA, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered and will try to contact your directly to discuss.
Shelley Miller

Reviewed September 3, 2011

For the most part this was a nice hotel, all employees that we encounterred were very friendly, helpful and nice. Free breakfast was tasty and fresh. My only concern was the room had a musty smell and needed to be dusted better, lampshades were coverred with dust.

1  Thank LouMC66
CISWilliamsburg, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Williamsburg East (Busch Gardens), VA, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you enjoyed about our hotel & where we can make improvements. We are glad that you had a good time but do apologize that you had the problems noted in your review. I will be sure to share these with our housekeeping staff so that we can address each one. We hope you will keep us in mind if you are in ever in the Williamsburg area again. We would love the opportunity to extend our hospitality and try to make up for our shortcomings.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

We took a 3 days vacation with the kids. We choose this hotel for the location and the price. The hotel was not fancy but was clean and the staff was very attentive.Our experience was very positive. The staff was very friedly and we did not have any difficulties during our stay. We want to thank you Mr. James and Mrs. Dale for providing us with such as delicious breakfast... everything so clean and organized. We will go back next yr !!!

1  Thank Brenda F

We thank you for the nice review. We are glad you had such a good time while you were in Williamsburg and that our staff helped to make your visit enjoyable. I will share your comments with all staff members (especially James & Dale in the breakfast room) and we look forward to your visit next year.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Normallly I don't write reviews but felt in this case a review was needed in order to prevent another family from going through what my family and I went through. My husband and I decided to take a nice little weekend trip to Busch Garden and decided to stay at this hotel since it was less than 5 minutes away from Busch Gardens. We checked in on Sat afternoon, the 1st turn off was the stale smell of the lobby. We made it to our room where the toilet was clogged and there were nasty stains all around the bottom of the toilet. We called house keeping to come and clean it. We waited for about 20 minutes and no one showed up. The kids were anxious to get to the amusement park so we went down to the lobby and they said they would have someone come and clean the bathroom. We got back to our room at about 12 a.m hungy and exhausted. They kept their promise and had house keeping clean the toiliet but there was ants all over the dresser, coming up from underneath the televison. We called and asked for someone to come and take a look and was told they had no one availbale. My husnand killed the ants and we all took showers and when we lifted the sheets back the linen was stained and hair was in the bed. I called back down stairs and was told they had no other rooms since they were booked and there was no one to come up and check things out and for us to stay put until the next day when the manager would be in. We called about 15 hotels in the surrounding area and they were all booked. We tried to go to sleep ontop of the covers and after about 10 minutes my daughter woke up screaming there were ants all over her. It's now 1:30 in the morning and there was no one there to help us. It was either drive 7 hours back to NJ with 2 small children in the car or drive around until we found a hotel. Of course we checked out and had no luck for about an hour where we lucked up and found a Quality Inn an hr or so away. The next day I called the hotel to get a refund and was told they would only refund me for one night since it was after midnight when we complained. I explained to the manager that we called so late becasue that was the time we got back to the hotedl from a day at the amusement park. The manage Ms Miller was no help and was just as nasty as her hotel. I even faxed her a copy of the reciept from the Quality Inn to show that we weren't trying to pull any funny business and was told by Ms Miller that she doesn't know why we decided to leave and that she had customers and had to go. Why would my husband and I just leave a hotel at 1:30 in the morning with 2 small children to drive an hour away and pay more for another hotel. I'm now dealing with Hotels.com to get my refund and as of today 8/29/2011 I still haven't recieved a refund. Oh, forgot to mention the dirty out door pool!! SAVE YOURSELF and YOUR FAMILY!!!

6  Thank Laylah0419

We apologize for the problems you encountered during your visit to our hotel. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with clean & comfortable accommodations as well as helpful & friendly service. I assure you that the conditions you described are not the norm for our hotel and apologize that you encountered these issues. I will share your comments with staff members as well as our professional extermination comapany so that we can all work together to avoid such concerns in the future.