“Comfortable, Welcoming, Perfectly Appointed and Located”
Review of Aldrich House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Aldrich House B&B
Ranked #10 of 22 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My sister and I were celebrating her birthday with a trip to Wililamsburg and we decided the Aldrich House B&B based on other reviews on tripadvisor. We weren't disappointed. We stayed in the Anderson room. With two king-sized beds and a sitting area, there was plenty of room for the two of us and the room would work for a family as well. We thought children would've especially enjoyed the climb up the ladder to the loft alcove at bedtime. Breakfast was very nice each morning and we enjoyed the opportunity to visit with the other guests. The location couldn't be better, so convenient to Colonial Williamsburg. It's a wonderful place to start your day and comfortable to come back to after a day of sightseeing and walking. Kudos to Tom and Sue for their efforts to make you feel at home and to make you want to come back and stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Beachnut2009

Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Aldrich House B&B is so very lovely. The owners (a husband and wife team named Tom & Sue) lovingly created a warm and homey environment. The decor is mostly antique or styled in a more colonial fashion, keeping in tune with the Colonial town of Williamsburg.

They are located walking distance from almost everything in Williamsburg and very near (by car) to Jamestown and Yorkville AND the outlets!!

The breakfast was delicious - there was always eggs and a meat, plus french toast or waffles.

Overall a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We just return yesterday from our First Anniversary Trip to Williamsburg. We stayed at the Aldrich House on a recommendation from a friend of mine. We had a wonderful stay. The B&B is beautiful and Sue and Tom were so sweet. We enjoyed our breakfast every morning. They even went as far as to help my husband set up a nice surprise for me. We can not wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cspenc28
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I booked 3 nights in Aldrich House while attending the "Under the Redcoat" reenactment in Colonial Williamsburg after it was recommended to me by some fellow reenactors.
They knew I was looking for a place close to the historic district that had a spacious room. Could not have made a better choice. An easy 5 minute walk has you right in
the historic district, I did not take my car out at all during the entire weeekend.
The B&B is beautifully decorated in an 18th century style that is tasteful and comfortable.
(you don't feel like you are in a museum where you are afraid to touch anything!)
On this trip I was a solo traveler and felt right at home. I was in the Anderson Room which has two king beds, more than enough space for one person. (it was the only one available at the time I booked) There are smaller rooms too, I'd say singles, couples, and families could easily be accomodated here. Breakfasts were more than generous, and featured egss, waffles, pancakes, breakfast meats, fresh fruit, etc., all nicely prepared and served. The "lady of the house" was out of town during my visit, so her husband Tom acted as host, cook, etc and did a fine job. He was welcoming and very
helpful. This was my fifth visit to Williamsburg, and I know that on future visits I will not
want to stay anywhere other than Aldrich House.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Loucee
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My adult daughter and I stayed at the Aldrich House last weekend and had a lovely stay. The owners were very friendly. The room we had was very comfortable - mattresses wonderful (we had a room with two king size beds) and very peaceful. Breakfast was excellant with an egg dish, meat as well as pancakes (blueberry) one morning and excellant french toast the next. Very close to Colonial Williamsburg. I will plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank galvirgo
Reviewed January 12, 2011

What a wonderful stay we had at the Aldrich House Bed & Breakfast! From the moment we arrived we felt comfortable in this beautiful and very clean home. Tom and Sue are great and treat you like family friends. They had decorated their home beautifully for the Christmas holidays and it is within a short walking distance from Colonial Williamsburg. We have fond memories of sitting in front of the fire, with Christmas music in the background and the sweet scent of goodies being baked in the kitchen. Our stay was wonderful and we would recommend the Aldrich House whenever you visit Williamsburg!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sNanap
Reviewed August 29, 2010

All round wonderful! Tom and Sue were very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were huge and very tasty indeed. The Patton Room was very comfortable. Very pleasant and central location to visit historic area of Williamsburg. Would advise anyone visiting Williamsburg to stay at the Aldrich House!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple