Facility: The place is nice enough and pretty new, but it's main attraction is that it's within walking distance of Colonial Williamsburg and attached to the park so you get a discount on tickets if you stay there.
Room: We wanted a king bed, but would have had to pay $30 more so stayed with the two queens. They were actually double beds, not queens, so my wife and I slept apart. The walls were rather thin as well and we could hear the next door room. Being next to the pool wasn't helpful either as we could hear them too, fortunately they closed up at 11:00 so it got quiet after that.
There is internet service as well, but not wireless so bring an ethernet cord or expect to pay $5 for buying one there.
Breakfast: It's included, but only cereals, fruits and bagels, nothing over the top, but with kids, I'm sure it would be just fine. The place is crowded, but manageable.
Overall: I doubt I'd stay there again, unless I had a family, as it's a good savings off tickets if you're headed into the park. Not that there was any major irritation, but just that it's more of a 2 star family place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg