Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
2,341 results
All reviewsvisitor centercolonial williamsburghuzzah restauranthistoric areashuttle busmini golfcontinental breakfastrevolutionary citysplash padshort walkwafflesshuttle serviceping pongking suiteon site restauranthard boiled eggseasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our first visit in many years to Williamsburg and we decided to take advantage of the package that was offered that included the room and tickets to the Revolutionary City at a reduced price. It was the best decision we made. The front desk at check-in and during our stay was outstanding. They answered every question and gave us helpful advice. The room was the standard 2 beds and there was plenty of room for the 3 of us. The room was clean and well maintained, as was the entire building. Housekeeping was very nice and respectful. Colonial Williamsburg is about a 10 or 15 minute walk from the hotel, about a mile, or you could take the shuttle. We did the walk and although it was very hot, it was not an issue. If you have some children or are an older adult with any physical issues, I recommend the shuttle from the visitors center. On site there was a free putt-putt golf course, playground, tennis courts and walking areas. My final comments is in regards to the free breakfast. The quality of the food was fine, what you would expect for free and the staff worked very hard. But the issue was that there were several school groups staying there and they basically took over the entire breakfast area and lobby. If you were not part of one of the groups, good luck during the prime breakfast time. There were some food shortages and one of the kids broke the waffle maker. Maybe some more supervision by the adults with them was in order. I would have recommended that the hotel have a separate area for the school groups to eat so as not to cause issues for the other guests. Other than that, I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor facing the courtyard area and it was fine. Very quite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank byronfay
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My family had a great spring break at the Woodlands. We stayed April 19-24, 2014. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the area's attractions and programs. We had a standard room and it was plenty big for 2 adults and 3 kids aged 9, 8 and 2. It was very cozy and nicely decorated. The kids loved the heated pool, miniature golf and playscape. We were there for Easter and the hotel held an Easter egg hunt complete with revolutionary fife and drum band and the best Easter Bunny I've ever seen. The daily breakfast buffet was incredible. Even our picky eaters had numerous choices. The hotel is conveniently located right next to the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor's Center where you pick up the shuttle and purchase tickets. The hotel is also right next to Huzzah, a reasonably priced family restaurant. We ate two dinners there, delicious pizza. When we return to Williamsburg, we will definitely stay at Woodlands again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret N
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We found the Woodlands to be a really good location for families with kids. I highly recommend a suite to give you a bit more room and separate the kids from the adults a bit when you need a little space. Our room on the third floor facing the courtyard was pretty and quiet which was much appreciated after traipsing around Colonial Williamsburg all day.
The staff was very nice and helpful, except for one man who was extremely rude and, when I called the front desk as there was no bedding for the fold out couch where the kids were sleeping, unapologetically told me the hotel had no blankets or pillows. I kid you not. The refrigerator also froze all of our provisions and caused a bottle of Williamsburg root beer to explode, which I could have done without. The suite appeared very clean, however, and the kids enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was crowded and pretty wild, but it had something for everyone, was free and much appreciated -- as were the umbrellas the front desk had on hand to borrow on a rainy night.
Very nice but with a couple glitches that made me deduct from what would have been a four-star rating.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you're traveling with kids so you have a little room to move. Third floor was very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DayTripper1630
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife, daughter and I stayed at the Woodlands this past weekend as part of a family wedding. Our King Suite was just perfect although the pull out sofa bed needed a better matress. Very good and knowledge staff and included breakfast. Williamsburg Visitors center and free bus was right next store so you would not have to drive to Old Williamsburg. Better then that you could also take a short walk to also get there as we did.

Room Tip: If you were planning on using the pull out sofa for children I would suggest that you get a Double Double instead as the pull out is really not confotable to sleep on.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I thought this was a great and comfortable room. It felt much more luxurious than I expected. I had nice sized room and living room,very spacious, and the decor was very nice. Beds are large and comfortable. For the price, it is great. I'd like to go back in the summer, because the pool looks very nice for kids. We plan to come back and I'd love to stay here next time I come.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family