We spent 3 nights at Woodlands, August 7-10. Definitely a great location, you can walk to Colonial Williamsburg, which I would recommend you do. The first stop is a farm with slave quarters, a good start for seeing this time period in American history.
You also get discounted tickets for staying in the lodge with free passes for an evening walk. We chose Williamsburg, Before and After, that was excellent if you are interested in how Colonial Williamsburg came to be.
My wife and daughters picked Ghost Walking Tour. That was a dud. Three ghost stories told by actors dressed in costume. If we had to pay for the tour, would have been upset as it was waste of money.
Breakfast at the Woodlands was great full breakfast, eggs, make your own waffles, cold and hot cereals, fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast and juice. Only thing that was bad and I mean really bad was the coffee. It was undrinkable. Tasted like month old coffee reheated. Without caffeine.
Pool was good, shuttle service to colonial Williamsburg, Busch gardens and water country was great. Be warned, we averaged walking 7 miles a day, but then we used shuttle bus only to Busch gardens and water country.
Rooms were small but clean, plenty of towels. Asked and got a small fridge that was more like
Would stay there again (but bring my own coffee to brew in the room).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg