This is my favorite place to stay in Williamsburg. It has a great location that feels secluded, but is actually right next to the Williamsburg Visitor Center. The staff was warm and welcoming and very knowledgeable about things to do and see. On this stay we requested a room facing the courtyard area and were accommodated. I would suggest you do the same. They have big windows and looking out onto a garden area was lovely, quiet and peaceful. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. I especially liked the oversized chair that I could snuggle up and read in. They had flat screen TV's and free wireless. They also had a parking area with key entry just for guests.
It was obvious that the staff wanted you to enjoy your stay. They said hello when you came in. This is not a fancy hotel. For example, it does not have mini- fridges and they would be most welcome since the colonial Taverns have huge portions! It is more a subtle quality comfort kind of place. Roaring fireplace in the foyer with arts and crafts style chairs and sofas. Coffee was out all day.
I would have rated it a bit higher but for some reason they were offering gtheir extensive free breakfast in a nearby conference building a short small block away. I found this to be a bit off a hassle. Who wans to walk outside on a snowy day to another building to get breakfast? It used to be in the lobby in this huge breakfast room. Perhaps they are refurbishing that part, but it made me close to not participate with the who.e breakfast thing, thereby lessening the value.
However, this is a grey choice for families that do not need a fridge. They had colonial entertainment in the lobby area free several times during our stay. It is clean and maintained very professionally.
I will be sure to return on my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting the ideal blend of comfort and convenience, the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites is the perfect starting point for your adventure in Colonial Williamsburg, centrally located next to Huzzah’s Eatery and the Visitor Center. Start your day off with complimentary breakfast, and then enjoy our exclusive access to the best that Colonial Williamsburg has to offer—making it easier than ever to plan an unforgettable family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg