My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in December 2012 and used it as our base during a visit to Colonial Williamsburg. The rooms was clean and nicely appointed. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We arrived by train and the hotel arranged for pick up upon our arrival and return transportation when we checked out. The hotel is located right next to the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center and, as guests of one of the hotels affiliated with Colonial Williamsburg, we received a significant discount on our multi-day visitor passes. Colonial Willaimsburg operates a shuttle service that connects the Visitor Center with other areas of the Colonial area so, if you tire of walking, you can easily catch a ride back to the hotel. There is a complimentary continental breakfast served each morning and, if you leave hungry, it's you own fault. There is a full service restaurant located less than 100 feet from the hotel lobby doors. The room rate was, I felt, quite reasonable. If my travels ever take me back to Williamsburg, I would not hesitate to stay at this facility again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg