My husband and I go to Williamsburg every year for our anniversary (it's where we spent our honeymoon). We've stayed at a few different places over the years and when they built Woodlands we tried it and fell in love! We always get a suite so it has the mini-kitchen with microwave, fridge, coffee pot, etc. We bring some food and drinks with us to save money and it works well for us. The beds are comfortable. I can't comment on the pillows because I always bring my own when I stay at a hotel. Although there is no room service with a little planning you can have everything you need in the evening in your room. We usually grab some sandwiches from The Cheese Shop and some beer from the grocery store in Williamsburg and settle in for the night. We don't find the walk to the historical area difficult at all, although as we get older we will probably take the shuttle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg