Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
$179
Autograph
$120
$89
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$92
  • Pool
Greensprings Vacation Resort(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$120
$105
  • Pool
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott
$99
Travelocity
$459
Official Website
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$76
$209
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
$180
2,346 results
All reviewsvisitor centercolonial williamsburghuzzah restauranthistoric areashuttle busmini golfcontinental breakfastrevolutionary citysplash padshort walkwafflesshuttle serviceping pongking suiteon site restauranthard boiled eggseasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

we stayed here two nights . We wanted to visit Colonial Williamsburg and it couldn't have been more convenient . We walked from the hotel although there is free transport available . Nice places to eat in Williamsburg . The room was quite spacious overlooking the garden , clean and comfortable . We saw fireflies in the garden which we'd never seen before . Magic ! Staff were helpful and we enjoyed our stay very much .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pixie056
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here for three nights because of a conference at the Williamsburg Lodge (couldn't get a room at the Lodge). I found the staff at the Woodlands very friendly but that professional friendliness did not always transfer into real help.

When giving me a map of Williamsburg, the front desk person proceeded to mark it up with all sorts of suggested routes to take, places to eat, etc. I'm sure that she is trained to do that, but I hate it when people mark up a perfectly good map. Perhaps staff ought to be trained to ask if the guest wants the map highlighted, written on, etc.

I am not a coffee drinker and other tea drinkers will appreciate my complaining about hotels who heat their water for tea in the same machines they make their coffee. You get horrible water which makes the tea taste like bad coffee. When I asked staff for simply water boiled in a pot on a stove, they were perplexed and no one could help me. Evidently in a very large hotel, there is no way to simply boil water without it being done in a coffee machine? I finally asked if there was a microwave anywhere in the hotel; that I would boil my own water. This never occurred to them.

The hotel seems to cater to large groups and doesn't quite know how to deal with individual professionals.

The front desk was helpful when upon being given a room directly across from the elevator, I asked to have one much further away. I have been burned badly in the past by near-elevator rooms noise, so this was important. But it perplexes me why when rooms are available, they hand out rooms near an elevator first. The hotel had lots of senior citizens; perhaps the front desk thought everyone wants a room near to an elevator.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NMR3837
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a great stay here. Williamsburg Colonies have always been one of our favorite places to visit and it still is. We had four beautiful days here and we attended quite a lot of the programs and spent some of our time revisiting places around Norfolk and Virginia Beach and Portsmouth. Our room was clean and comfortable and we had dinner on site at Huzzah and loved the veggie pizza there.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine H
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were upgraded to this hotel because of a problem in the hotel we booked. All of the staff were extremely friendly. Our room was clean and spacious. The pool was very nice. Minature golf, volleyball and pingong were available free to the guests. The historic visitor center is on site. Free breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, (they were ok), hard boiled eggs, bagels, pastry, muffins,fruit, cereal hot and cold, grits, juice, coffee and milk. Staff in breakfast area polite, and there was never a empty food dish. Hotel is very large and it is easy to get lost.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, would have preferred the first floor. Pool on first floor, and less of a chance to get lost.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzy844
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for a conference at the Williamsburg Lodge. The suite was large and comfortable. The location was close to the colonial areas and restaurants despite being further than the Lodge. The only thing I would change would be to connect the light fixtures to light switches.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business