“Not our favorite”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #96 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was excited to try Carrabba's but was very disappointed. I ordered a bowl of tomato bisque and it was huge. It sounded better than it was. I realize this is an Italian restaurant, but there was entirely too much garlic. I also order shrimp scampi, so I should have known there was too much garlic. The others in our group were happy with their pasta dishes. Personally I would stick to Olive Garden for a franchised Italian restaurant. I've never had a bad meal there.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was ok but not much taste to the food. Attentive waiting staff. Huge portion of desert. Typical food from a chain restaurant.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Excellent service , quality food , I did have to ask for change of seating . We were seated at table by entrance door , too much foot traffic, but there was not a problem changing tables.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Carrabba's is one of the better chain Italian restaurants, but this particular location has consistently missed the mark. On my most recent visit, I ordered the mussels as my meal. In the past, the small portion of the Cozze in Bianco was more than enough for a meal. This time, the portion was so small it came on a little plate (not the normal bowl), had very little white wine, basil and lemon butter sauce and the mussels themselves were the size of raisins! I asked the waitress why the change and commented on the size of the mussels, but she just said they had changed serving dishes recently and smiled as if she didn't know what to say in regard to the size. My spouse's salad had no dressing on it even though he had asked for the creamy parm dressing and my parents shared meal came on one plate---they had to ask for another plate to split the food. While our waitress was nice enough, she didn't take much initiative and was not very attentive. I've been to other Carrabba's locations and had excellent service, high quality food and an overall great experience. I don't know what is going on with this location. My last visit included pieces of plastic in the lasagna and the time before that half the mussels in my dish were closed and inedible. If you want to go to Carrabba's for dinner, travel a bit further to the Newport News location or try one of the many other wonderful restaurants in Williamsburg such as Sal's.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have eaten at many a Carrabba's and I have yet to find one that was a disappointment. My husband and I have a hard time finding a place that will accomadate us since we are on a resticted diet, vegan, but everytime Carrabba's comes through with their Whole Wheat Pasta. Don't ever get rid of your Whole Wheat Pasta and Marinara Sauce. Thanks

1  Thank Emma May H