The Williamsburg Manor was the perfect spot for our family gathering. Our group of 12 (plus dog), ranging from 9 to 76 years old, rented the entire home for five days. The house is beautiful, the owner and staff are wonderful, the food is excellent, and the location is perfect.
The entire home is beautifully decorated; it is filled with interesting antiques and artwork that make it look like a museum, but it is still very comfortable and welcoming, even for rowdy boys. The bedrooms are smallish but nice, with comfortable mattresses. Bathrooms seem to have been updated recently; they are very clean and stylish, with modern fixtures and plenty of water pressure and hot water for everyone to shower at the same time.
The dining room table was large enough to fit all 12 of us--there are even 12 matching chairs at the table. There are lots of different common rooms for groups to hang out in, so it was easy to get a little privacy if needed. The house is more spacious than it appears to be in the photos. The yard/garden is really nice, with at least 6 different sitting areas; we didn't have enough time to enjoy all of these beautiful spots.
Breakfasts were outstanding. Eggs, cereals, yogurt, etc. were always available, accompanied by really nice, fresh-baked, homemade muffins/cobbler/biscuits, bacon/sausage, fruit, roasted potatoes/hash browns, etc. Food was plentiful; each of us could eat as much as we wanted of everything, and there were always leftovers that we were welcome to eat during the day. The "candy store" room was a big hit with the kids, and the coffee machine provided very high quality coffee, hot chocolate, cappucinno, mocha, latte, and decaf instantly and at the touch of a button all day long. It was like having a free Starbucks in the house all day long! It was also nice to have water and soft drinks available. The convenience and cost savings were tremendous--with the breakfasts, the coffee, the candy, the soft drinks, etc., we saved a ton of money and had a much better experience than if we had been fending for ourselves.
The staff were great and very sensitive to our needs--they took care of every little thing. Lizeth, who made most breakfasts and did the housekeeping, was very warm and friendly, and worked hard to make sure that we were comfortable. The first morning, we couldn't find the hair dryers, and after a search it became apparent that they had disappeared. Laura offered to immediately go out and purchase new ones, but we told her that we were fine and not to worry. Nonetheless, new hair dryers had appeared by that afternoon.
Location is perfect, right in the middle of all the stuff you want to do. William & Mary is 50 yards away, so our 17 year old took the tour and became very interested in the school. Colonial Williamsburg is a 10 minute (.5 mile) walk through the prettiest part of the William and Mary Campus. Busch Gardens is a 10 minute drive, and Jamestown, Yorktown and Water Country are all less than 15 minutes away.
It was a great spot in every way. We hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to our stately six-bedroom brick Colonial home built during the reconstruction of Williamsburg's Historic Area. Our guests enjoy an earlier era when hospitality was a matter of pride and fine living was an art practiced in restful surroundings. Each of our well appointed rooms features fine antiques, rich fabrics, oriental rugs and wood floors with queen-sized beds and private baths. Guest parlors, a private cottage garden, central heat & air, color TV and each morning, a lavish breakfast of fresh-brewed coffee, homemade breads, and Virginia delicacies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Williamsburg Manor Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Williamsburg Manor b&b
- The Williamsburg Manor Hotel Williamsburg