2,550 results
All reviews sweet tea historic area traditions restaurant tazewell hall folk art guest house parking garage rocking chairs short walk within walking distance main building merchant square breakfast buffet colonial style hotel restaurant conference center shuttle bus
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Again, it is a great adventure each year when I travel to Williamsburg for the New Year holidays and each trip has been at the Williamsburg Lodge. The reservations are always accommodating, the room has been great and the service has been outstanding. I have not really experienced any major problems and when I had a question or a concern the management staff took immediate action to resolve the issue.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WBurgLodge, General Manager at Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear johnsonbj24,

We are delighted that the Williamsburg Lodge has become your annual New Year’s holiday destination. We are so pleased that your accommodations and overall visits have always been an outstanding experience. Thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to seeing you again next year. Have a safe and prosperous year!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit at the beautiful Williamsburg Lodge located in Colonial Williamsburg. Wonderful staff with beautifully colonial style rooms. I highly recommend this hotel to visitors who want a higher level of service and hotel quality.

Date of stay: January 2020

Dear colesdj,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews that we meet the expectations of our guests. We are thrilled that your recent visit to the Williamsburg Lodge was a wonderful and we provided a “high level of service and quality” that you enjoyed. Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to your return visit to the Lodge.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice and comfortable. My only complaint was the building I was staying in I couldn't find the elevator and had to carry my suitcase up and down the stairs. No offer of help was given so not sure what happened.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank LagunaGypsy
WBurgLodge, General Manager at Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear LagunaGypsy,

We apologize that our staff was not readily available to assist you with your luggage. Our bell staff are always eager to assist our guests we should have offered assistance during your check in and arrival process. We are pleased that your room was quiet and comfortable. We hope that despite your isolated issue you will allow us to serve you upon your next trip to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the second Christmas I have spent solo at the Williamsburg Lodge and both times have been magical experiences. The rooms are a lovely combination of classic colonial furniture and modern amenities. The staff could not be any more friendlier or helpful from the maids to the servers in the Sweet Tea and Barley. The bartender knows every drink ordered and remembers what you ordered last time. The food is delicious amid a varied selection. The ladies in the Gift Shop were knowledgeable and very helpful. One of the women in Guest Services knows all of the in and outs of a successful visit to the area and excellent local restaurants. Another provided me with an extra ticket to the Vienna Boys Choir that had been paid for but turned back in. Check in was a breeze and the staff was so helpful. And don’t get me started on the valets. They make you feel comfortable and your luggage in good hands from the moment you get out of your car. It was a wonderful experience. Traditions seemed more in line last year with the high quality of the lodge than this year. The food was good but nothing special and open for breakfast but not every evening for dinner. Finally, I had the most unexpected experience of having an assistant general manager assist with my luggage checkout when the hotel got slightly backed up. This is a magical hotel and I look forward to coming back again next Christmas. And it has the best hot buttered rum!

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear cookieglowaski,

It is truly a pleasure to read that every member of our team provided you with a magical experience during your holiday visit. Thank you so much for allowing us to serve you and your family during Christmas. We certainly look forward to seeing you again for Christmas 2020. Have a safe year and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Want to walk early in the morning while having this town to yourself? This is the place; by the way plan a dinner at their restaurant, excellent!

Overall experience made it consider returning in the Fall; it’s planned!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear RKLVIK,

We pleased that your recent visit to the Williamsburg Lodge was a stellar experience and has prompted a return reservation for later this year. We are excited that you will be returning to stay at the Lodge this fall! Fall is a fantastic time to visit Colonial Williamsburg, and there is so much going on at that time of year – you won’t be disappointed! We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge real soon.