“Colonial Williamsburg”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Colonial Williamsburg”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Lodge was an excellent stay for three nights, including a whopper buffet breakfast. Rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and decorated in Colonial style. The Lodge is a sister hotel to the Williamsburg Inn which is a step up. lots of conventioneers stay at the Lodge which shares an outstanding spa and pool with the Inn across the street. All major sights are a short walk away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a reunion here and I took my family with me. Good for business and/or pleasure. Walking distance to shops,resto and activities for the whole family.shuttle bus in front of the hotel if you don't want to walk to downtown.3pools, 2outdoors and one indoor,heated.....kids love it.Hotel is very clean and quiet and peaceful. The only downside for me is that it did not have a hair dryer in the bathroom...I could have used it to prepare for our function.Hotel is pricey compared to surrounding hotels but I think it's worth it. May I suggest free breakfast for the guests in the future.

Room Tip: Tyler house is better than tazwell.tazwell hallways are dim.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Everyone - waiters, doormen, front desk could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Our stay was 4 nights/5 days and our room was both beautiful and extremely clean and comfortable. I am handicapped and was concerned about getting around the area before arrival. After the first night, the front desk changed our room so I could be close to an entrance. The lodge is absolutely wonderful, the food is absolutely wonderful, our visit was absolutely wonderful and we will plan to return as soon as we get time off again. If there were more circles to fill in, we would - I give the lodge and its employees an Excellent ++++++++++. Thanks for reading. Also, if you are handicapped don't fear visiting Colonial Williamsburg - everyone associated - be it reservations, lodging, attractions, food, transportation, etc., are most accommodating and want to do everything they can to make this vacation the best one you've ever had or ever will!

Room Tip: If you don't like to hear floor noice from within your room or the room above, make sure you don...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Was able to secure a very reasonable rate for an August stay so had limited expectation on the quality of the hotel and experience. I was more concerned at the time of booking with location and accessibility. I was very pleased with this hotel in the quality of the rooms and it's location to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Busch Gardens. The hotel buildings and grounds are well manicured and taken care if. It is a very pleasnat looking hotel and very fitting for the area which contributed to the pleasant experience. With the colonial charm I didn't have high expectations for the quality of sleep. The rooms and beds were very comfortable and plenty of space for 4. The hotel had plenty of available parking albeit across the street. Given how large the complex is it could be a short walk to your car but they also do have valet. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the staff at breakfast to the person working the gift shop. We were treated very well and it just added to the positive experience. The only minor issue we had was with the toilet in our room. It didn't flush very well and at one point not at all. Within 5 minutes someone was there to assist. Very attentative. Although it still didn't work the best it was acceptable. If I was back in the Williamsburg area the Williamsburg Lodge would definitely be on the top of the list. Great place!

Richmond Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband had to be in Williamsburg for meetings with an overnight stay. At the last minute, myself and our seven year old son were able to join him. This was only possible because The Williamsburg Lodge was able to recommend and provide sitter service for us.

Our son was able to have room service from the children's menu delivered promptly. Double homemade Mac N Cheese, vanilla ice cream, a large glass of milk, & a Chowning's Rootbeer, along with a freshly cut rose. He felt special indeed.
Our sitter, Ms. Audrey arrived right on time and developed instant rapport with us all. My husband and I were able to meet our friends in the lobby bar where we were serviced by a most hospitable barstaff before dining at The Fat Canary in Merchant's Square. A wonderful night out we will remember always.
While my husband had meetingsthe next day, my little guy and I made our way to the pool area. There are 2 lovely outdoor pools, The Quiet Pool, and the one with a basket ball goal for the kids. Lots of swim noodles were a plus as I forgot to pack ours. Also an indoor pool with swim lanes as well as a hottub.
My husband enjoyed playing a round on their perfectly manicured and well maintained Executive Course. Later in the day, we lunched there. Perfect choice as there was no wait and the view of the course was beautiful.
There was also a wine tasting event that I skipped as I had my little guy along.
It's the attention to detail, convenient location, and incredibly personable staff that make this property the hidden gem that it is.
We will most definitely return! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed August 9, 2012

From the minute we drove up the hotel through check out we were provided with the best service. The rooms were very comfortable and the pool was the best I have experienced in Williamsburg. Lastly, I found the lunch menu at the hotel restaurant to be the perfect break from the full morning of Historic Williamsburg tours and REV QUEST activities. After staying at a number of hotels in the area I will be returning this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our family stayed at the Lodge while visiting Colonial Willamsburg. The locations is steps away from Colonial Williamsburg and dining. Plus a shuttle runs a route to town also. We found the rooms clean and the beds comfortable. Very helpful staff. Buy your tickets on the hotel site for a discount.

1 Thank krjcf